Hello Everyone!

MissMere

Hi there, my name is Meredith or MissMere on here. I live in Guelph and I've been keeping fish for maybe 15 years and more seriously in the last 5-6. I don't currently have any marine tanks, but I would love to start in the next year or so. I've been ready forums and blogs, watching hours and hours of youtube videos - not sure if it seems to be getting easier or just more complicated.

My Current Tanks:
- 20gl riparium tank - fully planted in and out of the water - low tech - overrun by cobra endler guppies
- 10gl planted tank - in dry-start state - high tech - plans to house something fancy in there
- 5gl planted cylinder - red plants - low tech - half-moon betta
- *New 20x20x20cm cube project - planted in red plants/red rocks - housing a white betta (maybe)

Classroom Tanks: (I'm a teacher)
- 10gl frog life stages tank
- 10gl planted guppy breeding tank

Future Tanks:
- 10gl or 20gl marine tank - 10gl sump with refugium - high tech awesomeness & low budget

I like my tanks small and sleek - high design - slow process at times, but it's worth the wait for the nearly perfect end result. Marine tanks seem to be 120% more expensive then freshwater aquariums - I would really love to not break the bank, and I'll be building my set-up very slowly.

Very excited to have found this forum, looks like lots of great advice, ideas, tank inspiration and more! I love to post pictures so expect that from me!

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Welcome. Lots of info posted, and lots of knowledgable people able to answer questions.

What grade do you teach? I think it's awesome you have tanks for your kids to experience with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the forum! Cant wait to see what kind of marine tank you start. And i agree with unibob, very cool you keep some in your classroom. Start em off young lol. Enjoy your stay here at TheFragTank!

heath

Distinguished Member
welcome to the site.. you have come to right place..tons of knowledge here, one big (sometimes) happy family...and we love pictures...:D

MissMere

The kids absolutely love the fish tanks - I also saw some of the more 'behavior' kids calm right down, zoned out for minutes in front of the tanks, it really calmed down. Also the glowing lights and plants seem to calm the entire room down. Last year I taught 4-5-6 core french and this year 6/7 immersion, classrooms are shared and something is always changing, so I haven't developed the set-up I'd like ideally. Next year I'll probably have my own solid classroom - let the fun continue!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Welcome to the site. I hope you find all the information and help you are looking for. We are always up for a good discussion about opinions. We all have different experiences. I look forward to seeing your tanks progress.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
welcome_zpsxlkq81rd.gif
to the Fragtank! Can't wait to see the pictures of your tanks. Always happy to see new members.

zoomster

Welcome to the Frag tank!
Hope you enjoy our forum and any help or questions you may have, you will most likely get an answer here from one of our many friendly and knowledgeable members!

100gallon

Welcome to THE FRAG TANK! I joined last year and started last year...lots of great people and knowledge. Lots in your area too which makes livestock addition easy!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk