Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Hey everyone, im from Sarnia, i've been lurking the boards for the last few months learning about what i want and how to go about it getting it and still staying within a budget, i ended up going with a used tank from a member here (thanks man, it looks great) . its a custom acrylic tank and had not previously been used so yesterday i started the build, the tanks setup with a large external overflow and it sure is alot easier to drill through acrylic than glass, so 3 holes later, 3 or 4 trips to lowes, tsc, homedepot etc.. and a late night last night, i have fresh water in the tank with a small pump circulating it just to check for leaks and make sure the system is good to go. i took lots of pictures and will start a build thread when i get a bit further along but for now heres what it looks like this morning.

Z

Zakk

Very nice so far.  I saw that tank and it was a beaut, looks even better set up.  Welcome!

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
thanks man, after running it for a few hours i think the drain system should be raised up to allow a higher water level in the overflow, i left all that space in the overflow on the left to maybe use for frags, or something else.. just not totally sure yet. Heres a picture of the donor system i also picked up, so after i get this tank tweaked and finish some work im doing on the cabinet, ill be transfering everything over, hopefully ill be running next weekend.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
did you have to sell everythign else in the room to pay for the tank :) Its looks a bit bare in there :)

Totally worth it if you did.., lookign good

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
No we are in the middle of some re decorating.. Just have all the stuff in the kitchen and bedrooms to paint our family room. I'm trying to keep this build under 1000 bucks.. Lol

P

phi delt reefer

Duke link said:
No we are in the middle of some re decorating.. Just have all the stuff in the kitchen and bedrooms to paint our family room. I'm trying to keep this build under 1000 bucks.. Lol

under $1000?

LOL good luck bro... i only wanted to spend $2000....3K later...

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
;D I had to say that, the wife was sitiing with me when I posted that.. Lol

P

phi delt reefer

rule number one of reef-keeping... keep the wife in the dark...

G

Gietz

and my girlfriend is really accepting of my saltwater tank funny, but then again i think the keyword here is girlfriend not wife  :p lol

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
so i got everything moved and setup now, heres a few pictures of where im at today, all seems well except i noticed that some ricordia seems to be leaving a smaller rock and moving onto my sand.. any ideas as to why its doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.