help with a calcium reactor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
i was wondering if anyone would be able to come down and help me set up my calcium reactor,
i havent got the foggiest idea how or where to start and to be honest the whole concept is kind of over my head.

if you know how to and would like to help i can give you a frag or two or candy cane for your troubles

please let me know!
thanks

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Is this the one that's for sale on kijiji? Or are you setting up a different one!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
no this is the one... if i cant sell it ill be setting it up... but i havent been able to get much interest in it so im considering just using it

spyd

Super Active Member
Yah, most people have switched over to dosing rather than calcium reactors. They are very finicky to setup properly and can have major affects on your tank if not properly running. Dosing is just a lot more fool proof.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
spyd link said:
Yah, most people have switched over to dosing rather than calcium reactors. They are very finicky to setup properly and can have major affects on your tank if not properly running. Dosing is just a lot more fool proof.

which is what ive been gathering from my research... dosing seems 10x easier

mark0933

Calcium reactors have a bad wrap.  Depends on design and a few simple common sense tricks for install (like don't submerge the output line, let it drip)

What brand is it?

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.