Help With Water Filtration?

UltraLPS

I have been having a major issue with my water filtration here in Guelph for my reef system. The TDS in Guelph tap water ranges from 500-750 and this completely destroys the membrane, filters, and resin on my rodi system within a couple of weeks. I have been told to get a water softener but I'm not sure if this will have a considerable impact. Can anyone here point me in the right direction on what I can do?

Chef G

Water softener I believe will help if your TDS is that high then you have "hard" water and by having the softener in place it will pull out alot of that TDS thus the water now going into the rodi feed isnt in such high TDS. Just make sure you plumb the Rodi feed line in after the softener lol

shamous113

A water softener will make a huge difference. Statford has a listed hardness of 30grain (513 tds) and I don't go thru membranes that quick

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
+1 on the water softener being a huge help...also with dishes and laundry BTW... Our town water comes from a limestone aquifer so it is absolutely full of calcium and carbonate alkalinity...which I soften then RO out and once I have pure water...I add it all back in...LOL

UltraLPS

Thanks for the responses guys! Any suggestions for which water softener I should buy (want something high quality/robust/very reliable)? Any recommendations for which company/store to order from?