Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
So last week I had a huge crash. I lost my bariene tang, powder blue, strawberry pseudo, a clown and a goby. All due to ich. My powder blue got covered and infected my whole tank. Now my sailfin has ich and my foxface. I'm trying to increase my temp. To 82 to kill the parasite. Yesterday I noticed my vlamingi eyes all glazed over and white dots on them. He couldn't find the food in the water. Is he blind? What do I do! I don't wanna lose all my fish.

spyd

Super Active Member
If you have a separate tank you can try hyposalinity. Juts make sure your ph levels are in check before moving them over and acclimate accordingly.

As long as your fish are all eating though, then they should fight it off. If they are not eating or spitting the food back out, then something needs to be done ASAP.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Eating or not.  It doesn't look good if they are blind,  happened to my powder blue.  I caught him with me bare hands. He actually swam right into them.

Hypo saved some of my fish, used rid ich too

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Temp won't do any thing.  I did a fw dip , formalin dip,  and put the fish straight into 1.016 salinity water from the norm.  I then lowered the salinity over the course of a couple hours to 1.009. 

Going down in salinity is not nearly as hard as going the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.