Hey new to forum

DerekL

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Currently I only have an Oceanic 29 gallon biocube with softies and few leathers. I am in the process of purchasing equipment for what is going to be a 90 gallon SPS dominant tank. Next week I will be ordering my Orphek Atlantik LED lighting module. I have spent a few years researching LEDs and DIY are not for me. I will post pics of my biocube and maybe start a thread on the 90 build seeing as the 90 is still empty. Also someone had asked how long I have been in the hobby. I have been in this hobby for about 10 years all together now. I have kept some SPS coral in the past but this is going to be my first SPS dominant tank.

Thank u
Derek

DerekL

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Currently I only have an Oceanic 29 gallon biocube with softies and few leathers. I am in the process of purchasing equipment for what is going to be a 90 gallon SPS dominant tank. Next week I will be ordering my Orphek Atlantik LED lighting module. I have spent a few years researching LEDs and DIY are not for me. I will post pics of my biocube and maybe start a thread on the 90 build seeing as the 90 is still empty. Also someone had asked how long I have been in the hobby. I have been in this hobby for about 10 years all together now. I have kept some SPS coral in the past but this is going to be my first SPS dominant tank.

Thank u
Derek

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
DerekL link said:

Thank u
Derek
i have the orphek atlantek on the way. I got the wide.  ..ordered it right from orphek.  Its coming from hong kong

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
DerekL link said:

Thank u
Derek
i have the orphek atlantek on the way. I got the wide.  ..ordered it right from orphek.  Its coming from hong kong

DerekL

I am also ordering the wide model for the 90 gallon. Peter do you know anyone else who already owns the Orphek Atlantik? I have not been able to see these LEDs in person just pictures and videos online. What made you choose the Orphek Atlantik? Please also let me know how long after payment t is made before you get it. I too will be ordering it from Orphek. I have been talking to James Gasta the sales rep for Orphek closest to me. It will be nice to have someone else who will have the same be a me to talk to and share what seems to works with each other. James told me once payment has been received on there end I should receive it in 5 to 10 days. I should be ordering by the end of next week. I look forward to hearing about your Atlantik and seeing pics

Cheers
Derek

DerekL

I am also ordering the wide model for the 90 gallon. Peter do you know anyone else who already owns the Orphek Atlantik? I have not been able to see these LEDs in person just pictures and videos online. What made you choose the Orphek Atlantik? Please also let me know how long after payment t is made before you get it. I too will be ordering it from Orphek. I have been talking to James Gasta the sales rep for Orphek closest to me. It will be nice to have someone else who will have the same be a me to talk to and share what seems to works with each other. James told me once payment has been received on there end I should receive it in 5 to 10 days. I should be ordering by the end of next week. I look forward to hearing about your Atlantik and seeing pics

Cheers
Derek

DerekL

James told me that shipping to Canada wouldn't be an issue. My dad lives in Waterford Mich about 45 mins away from Windsor and I had thought of getting it shipped there but James told me that it wouldn't matter so I am just going to have it shipped here. What were your deciding factors to choose the Atlantik? What other LED modules were you considering if any? Just curious if we both chose Orphek for th same reasons. Myself it was between Orphek atlantiks Aqua Illuminations vega color and maxspec mazzara. And Orphek and AI have been the top of my list for a couple of years now. I personally choose the Atlantik because the par values it is capable of producing in deep aquariums and the rave reviews it is getting and also reading what others who have bought it have said about the colour and growth that their SPS coral have exhibited since having the Atlantik lighting their reefs and some of them have switched from metal halides. I feel that my decision is the right one for the 90 gallon build that I will be starting once I have the lights.

DerekL

James told me that shipping to Canada wouldn't be an issue. My dad lives in Waterford Mich about 45 mins away from Windsor and I had thought of getting it shipped there but James told me that it wouldn't matter so I am just going to have it shipped here. What were your deciding factors to choose the Atlantik? What other LED modules were you considering if any? Just curious if we both chose Orphek for th same reasons. Myself it was between Orphek atlantiks Aqua Illuminations vega color and maxspec mazzara. And Orphek and AI have been the top of my list for a couple of years now. I personally choose the Atlantik because the par values it is capable of producing in deep aquariums and the rave reviews it is getting and also reading what others who have bought it have said about the colour and growth that their SPS coral have exhibited since having the Atlantik lighting their reefs and some of them have switched from metal halides. I feel that my decision is the right one for the 90 gallon build that I will be starting once I have the lights.