Hi all

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
My name is Kevin, been keeping saltwater for over two year now. With the past two year I have a 65 gallon tank with a few fish and a few softy coral running with a canister filter and a hang on skimmer lol. Pretty, that what I was thinking, but after I seeing a buddy(Thanh) tank. Wow I said and after that I am convince.
In April of this year I have upgrade to a 190 gallon(60x30x24) with a 40 gallon sump, in sump skimmer with gfo and carbon. For lighting I am running 96x3w led, for coral I have mainly sps and paly, also a gold torch and a neon green with purple tip torch. For fish, I have 4 yellow tang, yellow belly(dori), green wrasse and a gold band maroon clown.
I am still looking for pretty corals and nice fish at a right price. Yet I am still new to the hobby, with sps and all. If you guy and girl have good point and tips on this hobby, I am open ears. Thank

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
:welcome:  Hope you enjoy your time here.  Pictures would be great!  Love the size increase.  If you're going to do it do it well the first time is what I always say.  In the long run it's cheaper than small upgrades over time.  Sounds like you are off to a great start.  :)

heath

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the site, you will find that there is a wealth of knowledge and great people here.
Ditto, pictures would be nice.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Very nice but I am thinking you will have up the led count for a tank that size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Led count i am giving is just one fixture, planing to get another one. also as a wave maker, i am running a wp 40 and wp 60. for stand, diy stand. A bit of Diy goes a long way ;D

KBennett

What brand of LEDs are you using?

I'm only running 54 3W Phillips Luxeon LEDs right now on my 220 gallon.  I can grow acropora SPS with that amount of light (not fast, but they are growing and colouring up).  I plan on getting up to 96-124 in the future.

Make sure that you have violet (420nm) LEDs in your set up.

benzzz

Sounds like your tank is going to be awesome. Thang is a great guy to know amd knows his stuff. Have been friends with him for years.. alot of great guys on this forum and help if needed. Good luck with your new upgrade

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
KBennett link said:
What brand of LEDs are you using?

I'm only running 54 3W Phillips Luxeon LEDs right now on my 220 gallon.  I can grow acropora SPS with that amount of light (not fast, but they are growing and colouring up).  I plan on getting up to 96-124 in the future.

Make sure that you have violet (420nm) LEDs in your set up.

I like to get wat u r getting too. like the violet, but just a little

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Welcome mr. Purple, Just pick him up at big al in Kitchener today. He is in my QT tank now,let's all wish him long life in captive  ;D

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I know what you guy are saying, my plan was to introduce the yellow tang in last. somehow it doesn't work out that way, i will have to see and go from there.