Hi From Kw

Kman

Super Active Member
Hey all,

My name is Kevin and I thought I would introduce myself and say Hi. I am new to the forum but not the reef hobby. I have been in the Reef hobby for some time now at 25+ years and most of those years have been shared with EricTmah.

What I have set up now tank wise is my 180 gallon DT tank that is mixed reef that is SPS dominated. I do have some big LPS and soft corals in the mix. I have a 110 gallon sump attached and a 65 gallon frag tank. They are all plumbed together to help keep the maintenance down.

My lighting on my DT is three Hydra 52 LED, my sump/ Refugium and frag tank are Maxspect 10,000k LED.

I use two Ecotech MP 40 ES set on EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode for my main circulation in my DT and a return line from the sump. In the sump I have two reactors, one is carbon that the other is GFO. I do run NitraGuard as well for some carbon dosing to help keep the nutrients down. I also run a Euro reef RS180 skimmer. I use a JBJ ATO to top up my evaporated water with a 50 gallon tank.

To help keep an eye on things and give me piece of mind I use the Neptune Apex controller to look after PH, Temp, Amperage, Conductivity and help control and configure my Hydra 52 LED. I like to be able to monitor and shut down equipment in case of an emergency and have the extra control and expandability the Apex gives me. I do run a JBJ ATO for water top off.

Pictures of my setup to follow.

Kman

Super Active Member
Haha nice. Nothing wrong with some good pictures.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
sSig_welcome1_zpscd7c20e7.gif
to TFT! Can't wait to see some pictures. Yours set up sounds great. :)

Kman

Super Active Member
Thanks everyone.

Eric has been talking about this site for some time and wanting/bugging me to join. In the past i was never into the forum thing but this one looks good.

It is nice to have local people to trade with.

I have attached a pic with more to come. My Phone doesn't like my LED lights and it takes dark pictures and off color. But you will get the idea.
IMG_20150103_204613.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Thanks everyone.

Eric has been talking about this site for some time and wanting/bugging me to join. In the past i was never into the forum thing but this one looks good.

It is nice to have local people to trade with.

I have attached a pic with more to come. My Phone doesn't like my LED lights and it takes dark pictures and off color. But you will get the idea.View attachment 1998

i too refused to join forums for years but tft is not just a forum... its a community :)

saltyair

Welcome and looking forward to the photo's
How long have u had the 52s?
What did you have before that?
I'm running 3 hydras thinking of up grading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk