Hi From Kw

Kman

Super Active Member
IMG_20150213_163027.jpg
IMG_20150213_161718.jpg

Kman

Super Active Member
Th
Simply wow!! I am new to SW and would not have been able to have one without this "community" ;)

Thanks. It is good to have a community to come to for reef issues. Especially if you are new into the hobby. Dealing with a seemingly never ending algae outbreak is a daunting task if you don't have support.

Kman

Super Active Member
Welcome and looking forward to the photo's
How long have u had the 52s?
What did you have before that?
I'm running 3 hydras thinking of up grading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to use three 250 MH 1400 k lights for 15 years on my old reef tank. Then I changed over to 10,000 k Maxspect LED when i did this reef build. But I had issues with my corals loosing color or not coloring up properly because they lacked enough blue. If i turned the white channel down it didn't give enough light because of the deeper tank. So i switched to the 52's after looking at various light options I though the Hydra 52 fit my needs best. The Maxspect are great lights they just didn't work on my 180 without spending more money on supplemental blue. I still use them on my 65 frag tank with the white turned down and they work great for color and growth.

I have had the 52's for about 6 mths now and I love them. I can't complain at all about the growth and how my corals have colored up. All my corals love them old and new. I control them with my Apex controller and they are super easy to configure.

Kman

Super Active Member
That mushroom is huge. Any words of advice?

I look for the spots that have lower flow on the mushrooms but higher flow just above them and the right amount of light. The higher flow is good to bring food to them and once it hits the lower flow region it will drop the food right on top of them. It feeds them perfectly and gets ride of stray food to help cut down on waste. win win i say.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I look for the spots that have lower flow on the mushrooms but higher flow just above them and the right amount of light. The higher flow is good to bring food to them and once it hits the lower flow region it will drop the food right on top of them. It feeds them perfectly and gets ride nowof stray food to help cut down on waste. win win i say.
Smart thinking