Hlle Disease Treatments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IrishPride

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a fish get HLLE disease and how you treated the fish?
My Blue Hippo has it and I've read different thing people have tried but I'd prefer to get opinions from people who have experienced it themselves.

oakleyx

hey

My blue hippo tang had it and I healed it.

This was before:
IMG_0740.jpg

After:
028ee053.jpg

Basically I moved him over to the quarantine tank and I did not use any
carbon. I just used purigen. I do remember that when i first put my hippo tang in my new tank the carbon was just gushing out. Two days later he started showing signs of HLLE.

For his diet I made sure he always has seaweed available. I feed him mostly green, but also
feed him red and brown. Don't feed him nori. I use Ocean Nutrion macro
algae. Make sure that is always available to him.

I also feed him mysis shrimp and this food called herbivore health
made by a company called feeder fish http://www.calpetfoods.com/. I alternate every day and soak
the food in selcon and vitachem.
I also add beta glucan to his food. I noticed after he started to take it the healing seemed faster.

You should also move him to a new tank where carbon has never been present. Just removing the carbon from your current quarantine will not do the trick.

If you decide to go this route the hippo might get better or the disease will stop getting worse. i was lucky.  Also if you heal him and you put him back in you DT he will probally get HLLE again. I ended up giving him away.

Hope this helps.

I

IrishPride

Great info. Thanks for the advice.  I cant seem to get her to eat seaweed.  I have green, brown and purple. Wont even look at it. My angel is the only thing that will.  Mysis is all she will eat.  When I get my camera back I will take pics, but it is nowhere near what you had. Nitrates been 10ppm or less for long time now.  Have a good roitine going.

Going to check out that link.

Thanks again.

oakleyx

Np.

Give it time. You might want to put her in the hospital tank to train her to eat the seaweed. You can even soak the seaweed in garlic guard.

I

IrishPride

Going to have to try that.

Hey Darryl,
When people say high quality flake foods - I hate to ask but what is considered high quality? Are there flake foods available that are vitamin enriched or something medicinal?  Not trying to sound stupid...just inexperienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.