Hydrogen Peroxide Stabilizer ?

Wagonpitt

This new one has stabilizer in ingredient. Wondering if this is still safe dont know what "stabilizer" is. Is it reef safe ? Couldnt go myself or else i would have just got same one i did last time.
3f4f2d4889357398b64754a54aad9a8d.jpg
10c7b373f1f8b174d831f9dfc9646f90.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

shamous113

can you contact the manufacture to ask what they used? I just googled "hydrogen peroxide stabilizer" and the first on that comes up has the following list of possabilites.

"Most commercial grades of H2O2 contain chelants and sequestrants which minimize its decomposition under normal storage and handling conditions.

The types of stabilizers used in H2O2 vary between producers and product grades. Common stabilizers include:

• Colloidal stannate and sodium pyrophosphate (present at 25 - 250 mg/L) are traditional mainstays.
  • Organophosphonates (e.g., Monsanto's Dequest products) are increasingly common.
  • Nitrate (for pH adjustment and corrosion inhibition) and phosphoric acid (for pH adjustment) also are used.
  • Colloidal silicate is used to sequester metals and thereby minimize H2O2 decomposition in certain applications that depend on the bleaching ability of H2O2 in alkali."