I Feel Like An Idiot

bart84

Can some one help me with my light programming on an apex. I was using the light setting and it isn't working for me. I tried the advanced setting and it don't want to work for me there either. I can control the lights with the standard on and off but cant get it to program. PLEASE HELP

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
What kind of lights are you trying to program with the apex? What exactly are you trying to do? Most lights thats about all you can do, besides the standard timer settings. Unless there dimmable and they A. Are apex supported or B. Have a VDM for the apex, for the lights. Hope this helps.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
More info needed for sure. First we need to know which lights as reefkeeper420 mentioned and the advanced programming code you are using on the outlet.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

bart84

Sorry. It was late and I was frustrated. I have T5 on my 75 and a basic 2 channel led. All I want to do is turn them on at noon and off at 800. So I wrote the program.
Fallback On
Set On
If Time 12:00 To 20:00 Then On
Do to know what else u guys need for info. Let me know.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Try this. You want fallback OFF so that it will default to OFF and set it OFF or the lights will power on and flicker during reboots or power outages. Not good for the lights or scaring the crap out of you if it is dark in the room. This will set it to OFF and then IF the time is what you list below, then the lights will be ON. I always put a temp thing there. I run LED's, so there is no heat issues, but works as an over heat trigger if I see the lights go out before getting the email warning.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 12:00 to 20:00 Then ON
If Temp > 82.0 Then OFF

bart84

ok I have changed all my lights to that program and still nothing. They don't go off at 8:00. Is there something else that I can try ? maybe a test or restart the controller ?

bart84

I think I have to synchronize the clocks on my dashboard. Does anyone know how to do this ? is it done by changing time zones ? If so what time zone number are we in ? I have found 3 different numbers.

bart84

Thanks. Fusion, I hope that fixes my light problem. Have to wait till tomorrow and find out. Should I restart the unit or anything, now that it is programmed.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Thanks. Fusion, I hope that fixes my light problem. Have to wait till tomorrow and find out. Should I restart the unit or anything, now that it is programmed.
should be alright, i've never had to restart mine

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
After adding the code did you leave it on ON or switch it to AUTO?

Man these things are hard to diagnose from words lol. So many things that it could be still. At least we know he is in the right outlet as he said that the regular ON/OFF works. The code must work as they were ON, but didn't turn off, so having the incorrect time zone would be next? I set all that through the controller. I wonder if he has the dashboard accessible out side his home network. If so, then it would be really easy to just log into it and check things out.

bart84

So I thought I had it figured out and went to bed happy. I just woke up to my night lights on and my wife said that the T5`s came back on before she went to bed at 12:30 am. After I switched everything to auto after I thought I fixed it. Something is still wrong because all my lights should be off. On my dashboard, I have 2 clocks and the green one is 3 hours behind the orange. I set the timezone on the controller but the clock never changed on my dashboard ?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Was your clock set to 24 hour mode or 12 hour? not sure if that matters, but would make sense why they came at 12:00. Only 24 hour clock, that would mean noon when the 12 hour clock would make it midnight. I will have to check out my dashboard later, I have never noticed 2 clocks.

bart84

The Neptune forums say that if there is two clocks it means the device viewing the dashboard is in a different zone then the controller. I changed the zone on the controller but it did not change on my dashboard. That makes sense about the 24hr thing. Do I change that in the controller ?

bart84

So I just checked my controller and the time had changed to OCT 3,14 20:50:00. I know I changed it before I went to bed. Does the mean the SL1 might be garbage ? I changed the time back and my lights went out, so that means the code is right. Now I have to figure out the time issue.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
fusion still has some limitations, try setting the clock up in apex/nstatus.sht or from the display and fusion should update to that, and like torx said, sometimes you have to save it a couple times before it sticks.

bart84

All my settings seemed to be working, lights included WAHOO !! I still have two clocks on my dashboard but I don't know if it really matters, does it ? I am kind of gun shy now to play with it in case I screw something up.