I GIVE UP !!!

reeffreak

Super Active Member
after treating my tank last night for red bugs and wake up this morning to find none ... YAY !!! :) ... well I dip my stags just to be sure nothing is coming off them and look what I found ... AEFW !!!! FML !!!!!!! I am ready to pack it in and call it a day.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I GIVE UP !!!

a8ydany5.jpg

spyd

Super Active Member
Shoot!!! They are a real PITA to get rid of too. Grab some Flatworm Stop and start dosing. If you can easily remove your SPS to dip them, then I would start doing that as well. Sorry to hear this...

P

phi delt reefer

Does fltaworm stop work on AEFW? I was under the impression. It only worked on the  boring everyday flatworm.

TLF Revive is the go to dip for AEFW. You can also shoot across the border and pick up the Bayer insectide they reference on reef central.

I learnt my lesson the hard way with red bugs last time. You can't even dip for those guys unless you have invertcin(sp).

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I dipped this stag in coral RX , I have al ittle bit left in a bottle ... It killed the AEFW .. I also have the bayer insecticide as well . I just wanted to use up the rest of the coral RX . I am devastated right now and ready to pull it all and toss it. Im so ticked off right now !!!
thanks for the help I doubt the fltaworm control would do anyting, but time to figure out wtf to do .. pull it all and QT for 6 weeks . not sure  :'(

spyd

Super Active Member
Flatworm Stop is designed specifically for AEFW. It doesn't kill them off though, it just boosts the slime coat on your acros to make them more immune to the worms. Maybe you are thinking of Flatworm Exit. That is only good for regular flat worms.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
spyd link said:
Flatworm Stop is designed specifically for AEFW. It doesn't kill them off though, it just boosts the slime coat on your acros to make them more immune to the worms. Maybe you are thinking of Flatworm Exit. That is only good for regular flat worms.

Im am just going to pull it all out .. empty the frag tank system ( no frags in it ) and fill it up with water from my DT system, then dip them twice a week for 6 weeks and place back into frag tank till im sure there gone , then place back into the DT.  OR place a stick of dynamite right in the middle of my rock work , push the button and say bye bye .

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Sorry to hear that Pat.

You can also try picking up some wrasses, great for picking bugs and very active fish. Derek is correct about the Flatworm stop. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I don't have flatworms but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

+1 on the 6-line wrasse.  Mine doesn't eat fish food but is fat as all get out on pods and anything he sees moving around.  If flatworms move...he'll eat em. 

P

phi delt reefer

spyd link said:

yep.. thats what i was thinking  ;) good call...

reeffreak

Super Active Member
had one in the tank previously and he was a little dickhead so he got the boot. Im looking for a melonurus wrasse or yellow corisse wrasee . IDK freaking out !

P

phi delt reefer

reeffreak link said:
place a stick of dynamite right in the middle of my rock work , push the button and say bye bye .

this method would also remove your flatworms...

P

phi delt reefer

dont give up man... its a bitch but you'll get through it...

the great thing about knowing you have this problem is once you erradicate it watch your SPS take off! if you thought they looked good now wait till you see them when they arent being "bugged" (this stuff writes itself!)

jroovers

Super Active Member
It is hard to tell from that pic - are you positive you are dealing with flatworms?  Can you post some pics of your coral?  It seems from what I've read that they leave a pretty distinctive circular pattern of bite marks on corals, usually near the base, and also lay egg clusters in that region as well.  I would start examing other pieces as well just to make sure you have the correct diagnosis before focusing on the cure.  Hopefully either way you can figure it out and treat accordingly. 

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I GIVE UP !!!

I'm 150% positive there aefw . Base of stags are crapped out they are not visible till dipped . I can see where they have been at the base of the corals.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I GIVE UP !!!

I am in class till 630 I will post pics of the coral and get better shots of the flatworms. I've dipped 6 corals that weren't looking so hot and they fell off the corals

jroovers

Super Active Member
Re: I GIVE UP !!!

reeffreak link said:
I'm 150% positive there aefw . Base of stags are crapped out they are not visible till dipped . I can see where they have been at the base of the corals.

Well that is bad news then.  Sh*tty. 

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Sorry to hear.

This is the first case of AEFW I have heard about in the area.

Do you know where you might have got them from?

Maybe AEFW are around others tanks and people aren't aware. This could be a problem!

davesolo29

Super Active Member
note to self...... dont get anything from Pat or Nick without dipping in everything.

Nick,, you better check your cyphastrea.  If you find them there, look elsewhere.

Good luck Pat.  I know you will get it all worked out.