Interesting conversation/argument around the house lately.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Okay, so last week my son got hauled into the principal's office.  What had he done?  He asked a buy "why do you sometimes wear a dress to school?".  That's right, one kid of 9 years old sometimes wears a dress to school.  Not a religious smock, but a girl's dress.  His parents are 2 homosexual fellows, and they seem to think it's fine to dress up their kid in, well, a dress.  Now I'm fine with 2 homosexual fellows living together and getting married and whatnot, and even adopting a son, or whatever they did.  Seriously, I'm fine with that.  HOWEVER, letting the kid go to school in a dress seems like child abuse.  So when my kid (oh and it had to be my kid) asked him about the attire (and he wasn't in a dress at the time), the rest of the kids jumped in and of course "YEAH , WHY DO YOU WEAR A DRESS, ARE YOU A GIRL!?!?" as you might imagine.

So here I am a bit mad because I see my kid asking a valid question.  I almost view the whole thing as a statement of some sort by the homosexual fellows.  Like daring someone like my son to question it.  I mean, if this was 1979 that kid would have got pounded to a pulp or locked up for coming to school in a dress, but now it's not even okay to ask about it.  My wife says I'm being a redneck, but I disagree.  So I sit here in my office pondering it and thinking that the 2 homosexual fellows are actually doing long term damage to this poor kid.  I got pestered for a month when I wore rain boots to school on a sunny day back say 1975 or so, and it still wonder what my mom was thinking sending me to school in rubber boots on a nice day. 

So am I redneck or right? 

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Your right, I agree with your side of the picture. A lot of people may not touch on this subject because ... well its a very touchy subject lol

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Is it touchy?  I guess maybe I am a redneck.... I really don't care what the kid wears when he's 18, but when he's 9, he really needs guidance from 'parents', like, "sure you may want to wear a dress, but you will likely regret it 5 years down the road when you have to change schools for the 5th time because someone remembers you as the kid that wears dresses".  I kind of feel the same way about parents that pierce their baby's ears (like my granddaughter's ears!!!).  The kid doesn't have enough world view/info to make those kinds of decisions.  I mean, at 9, if I had thought "wow a dress would be light and cool to wear to school", I would have hoped that my dad would have smacked me upside the head, I would thank him later. 

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Nah I think you are in the clear Glen... the parents should be providing guidance and have their child's best interest in mind.  Even for adults, it's not common for a gay man to go about their daily business in a dress unless they consider themselves transsexual.  And nine is certainly too young to be influencing a child's sexuality... whether it's going to be gay or straight, let it happen naturally as the child matures and develops their own set of tastes...

Or maybe we are both rednecks?

Either way it seems extreme to me for your boy to be hauled off to the Principle's office.  If they aren't going to say anything about the other boy wearing a dress then at least they should allow for questions to be asked and maybe even use it as an opportunity to discuss sexuality.  Or maybe it's too young for that wtf do I know.  Principal's office seems excessive though.  Coming from a kid who spent way too much time there.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
The saving grace is that they didn't call me on my cell, they just "spoke to him".  I likely would have made it worse according to my wife lol.  The principal called me 2 weeks ago because my kid didn't have a lunch, so maybe it's not so big of a deal I dunno. 

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Never go against or question minorities. They are always right

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
It's not the minorities it's all the normal peoe that jump on the bandwagon just to be different. 

I agree that kid is too young to be put through that be cause daddy and daddy have a certainn outlook on life.  Let the kid make his own mind up as he grows.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I agree fully with everything's that's been said, sounds like daddy and daddy need a talking, to open their eyes up a but about what they're actually doing to this boy.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Yup giant plus one to everything here, I was raised a Christian and live In a Christian family and, and we all agree , let them ( the homosexuals) do their thing, nothing we can say or do is going to change it. I even have a friend that's gay, I said to him, dude were cool just don't shove it down my throat and I won't shove my views in your face; he agrees and we get along great.

But what your fellow parents are doing here Is exactly that, shoving it down everyone's throats ,
" look we are gay, our kid is going to be gay and he doesn't have a choice in the matter"

Ridiculous if you ask me, and glen, your right AND redneck :D

AdamS

Poseidon link said:
dude were cool just don't shove it down my throat...

Hmm, do I want to get banned today? No, I guess I will leave it alone! LOL

But honestly, I think its fine when people want to be different, but its also fine for people to ask questions, making fun is not OK. I think your son got wrongfully accused, but that's not all that uncommon in the schoolyard setting.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I suppose I'm saying that there are two stupid twits that just happen to be 2 homosexual fellows, that don't know how to keep their kid safe, and my kid got shit because he asked why his little friend wears a dress sometimes.  Oh and that maybe they're both feminine and there isn't the 'butch' one to set the other straight.  I don't know. 

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Its messed up if the parents are actually encouraging or pushing the 9 yr old to wear a dress.  Maybe the 9yr old is asking to wear a dress and perhaps might be a transsexual.  Although what would be the odds here and even if he was i think no 9 yr old is ready for that and should be encouraged to wear the accepted clothes of there gender till they are a concenting adult.

It should be perfectly fine to ask the boy why he likes to wear a dress, unless its in a way thats meant to make him feel bad.  Ie.teasing etc.  Now here is the tricky part.  How sure are you that you son asked the boy that in a neutral or non teasing, negative way.  I know when i was 9 i probably would have ripped into a kid like that not knowing any better.

RYOUNVS

Darryl_V link said:
Its messed up if the parents are actually encouraging or pushing the 9 yr old to wear a dress.  Maybe the 9yr old is asking to wear a dress and perhaps might be a transsexual.  Although what would be the odds here and even if he was i think no 9 yr old is ready for that and should be encouraged to wear the accepted clothes of there gender till they are a concenting adult.

It should be perfectly fine to ask the boy why he likes to wear a dress, unless its in a way thats meant to make him feel bad.  Ie.teasing etc.  Now here is the tricky part.  How sure are you that you son asked the boy that in a neutral or non teasing, negative way.  I know when i was 9 i probably would have ripped into a kid like that not knowing any better.

I agree with Darryl 100%.

I am in the same boat as Poseidon, I am a very proud Christian. What drives me crazy is that everyone flaunts it and has to show it off that they are gay. I'd say that for the most part, people REALLY don't think that being gay is 'normal'. But everyone is so afraid of saying anything because they don't want others to label them as..... well, being a redneck, or a bigot, or whatever. Heck, I had to think twice about putting this as I'm afraid I'll get banned from TFT and I quite like it here!

But hey, whether you are gay or not, you're a human being, and you deserve to make your own decisions. But man, wait until you are old enough to make wise decisions! 9 is NOT old enough. It's to bad that his parents aren't looking out for his best interest.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I suppose if it got to that level, I definitely (personally) would consider being gay 'normal' for the person (I don't think it needs to be burned out of a person with hellfire like father flannigan told us it did).  In fact, the only thing being gay seems to affect, on a basic level, is propagation, and with what, 7 billion people on the planet, I really wish 6.5 billion were gay, just to thin the herd out a little bit. 

I think it is highly unlikely the kid in question is a transexual, and if he is, he likely wouldn't be aware of it.  Realistically either one of the dads thought it was a good idea to dress him up, or the kid wanted to wear a dress and the dads dislike people putting labels on things (that's male, that's female etc) and figured it would be fine.  I really think there just wasn't the word of reason at home.  Like if my kid wanted to bring a .44 magnum to school for show and tell, my wife would let both of us know it's a really stupid idea. 

I'd have the twogaydads over for a beer in the bar, however very likely they are leaf fans, so that's right out. 

dale

i highly doubt it was either of the dads idea (being gay doesn't make you an idiot) for the kid to wear a dress in the first place, and wearing a dress does not mean you are gay by any stretch of the imagination. im sure the kid will see the repercussions of his actions and make better decisions, and if were my kid i would just tell him what might happen and let him figure the rest out on his own,, as for your kid ,, very legit question.. sounds like its the other classmates reaction that got him in trouble, and i would treat it as such .. no biggie in my opinion..

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
dale link said:
i highly doubt it was either of the dads idea (being gay doesn't make you an idiot) for the kid to wear a dress in the first place, and wearing a dress does not mean you are gay by any stretch of the imagination. im sure the kid will see the repercussions of his actions and make better decisions, and if were my kid i would just tell him what might happen and let him figure the rest out on his own,, as for your kid ,, very legit question.. sounds like its the other classmates reaction that got him in trouble, and i would treat it as such .. no biggie in my opinion..

I am thinking if the kid is doing it on his own will, then all the best to him :) if it's the parents telling him wearing a dress is ok after HE asks, I'm fine with that as well, but it is being forced upon the kid by the parents then 100% not ok IMO.

I am not "religious" where I go to church, I do believe in a higher power but won't give a name to it :)

I'm fine with all of it as long as it isn't being preached to me.