Is my Tang Blind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
My Fish has been acting wierd lately.  Bumping into things and stuff... Breathing Fast.  I thought Ich was the problem but now I am not so sure.  Last night I dipped him in paraguard for an hr.  Today I get home from work and go to feed and he doesnt respond AT ALL.  Tap the glass no response...

Anyone ever have a fish go blind?  I can see a couple very small white dots on the eyes but other than that they are clear.

if it is blind is there a shrimp that will lead him around like a seeing eye dog:)

but seriously what do i do with a blind fish?

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Its really weird... I can touch him and he doesnt run away .. i shoved nori in his face and he is eating.. just seems blind..

Seggsy

Does he have ich?  I had a tang with it so bad it was on his eyes.  If so, he may have been itchy, and now perhaps he is worse and giving up??  Or perhaps a reaction to high nitrates or something irritating him (banded coral shrimp will rip off their close with high amonia or something)

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Water tests are fine... Does have ich but his eyes were always clear. Until a couple days ago.

lewis844

keep an eye on it sounds like hes not gonna make is. dont let it die in the rocks so you cant find it

What other fish do you have?? is a more aggressive fish picking on it??

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Yellow Tang that leaves it alone... 2 clowns some chromis and a royal gramma...

He is by far the largest. 

So is it humane to let it waste away and starve.. or should I re enact the Old Yeller finale

"Nah Mah, I'll do it .. its my fish"

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
He gets garlic soaked nori and the omega garlic flake and the new live spectrum sinking pellets and the odd brine shrimp cube.

At least he used to.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
unforturnately I think you are right:(  We shall see over the next couple days

P

phi delt reefer

cut some potatoes up and tell the wife to mix up some beer batter. I will bring the tartar sauce.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Fish Fry at my house.. oh and I just say that my anemone is eating one of my reef chromis

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
this isnt funny guys.. i love my handi fish:(

but please continue:)

Status
Not open for further replies.