sedyqa5u.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Re: Is this starfish good or bad?

Looks like astria starfish. Heard of them eating zoas, or trying to at least. They sometimes can multiply quickly, I have a few in my tank, as most people do. They are neither friend or foe in my tank. If anything, the kids like to look for them. :)

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

AdamS

Ive read good and bad about these starfish but that most of the time they are ok . Ive read they can reproduce asexually.  I have removed them from my tank but im not much of a risk taker. Ive seen lots in Darryls tank, and it didnt appear as though he was having any problems, but thats for him to say.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I have a lot of these, I didn't when I first started my tank, but now I have probably 100's, some with only 2 or 3 legs, I believe they reproduce by splitting apart. I haven't seen any of the ones I have doing anything wrong, I consider them part of the clean up crew.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Is this starfish good or bad?

Hmmm kinda forgot about this guy in a dish...I think the cold water got to him :(

If I find more you can have them :)

C

copperkills

They like to feast on my gsp!!! Thats all they bother in my tank.

msteane

I have a few of these guys in my tank.  See them on the glass when the lights come on and then they soon disappear into hiding.  I have both zoos and GSP (as well as other coloured star polyps) that so no negative effects so I assume these stars aren't bothering them.

Status
Not open for further replies.