It Is Finally Available...ghl Ion !!!!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
ION DIRECTOR – Automated Ca, Mg, K, Na and NO3 testing made easy!

(Stil working on p04)

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/ion-director-automated-ca-mg-k-na-and-no3-testing-made-easy/

5ec920a7999513b607f2de163e7d8a96.jpg

6db72bae54f60c8036d7a965685ed460.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Kyle1970

The more I read the more I like and the more questions I have.
Basically, I need the Ion director, the dosing pump and the ProfiLux.
What kind of money “ball park” for the system?
How small of a tank does it work for? Is this the answer for parameter stability for small tanks?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I stopped reading at the price. I'll stick with my hanna checkers. Why can't someone come out with a system that reflects what it does? Once you hit a grand + "super affordable non reagent reagents", it's sort of in the fantasy realm for most hobbyists. Yes yes this is a crazy expensive hobby, but that doesn't justify all these crazy priced gimmicks. Of course just my $.02 Is this really "site news" worthy?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The more I read the more I like and the more questions I have.
Basically, I need the Ion director, the dosing pump and the ProfiLux.
What kind of money “ball park” for the system?
How small of a tank does it work for? Is this the answer for parameter stability for small tanks?

The Ion can be run stand alone without the Profilux. Obviously there are limitations at that point, but it can be done. You can also run the kH Director stand alone as well. That is one advantage of GHL is they make their products with that option. ION Director Master Set: $1259.99. It works for any size tank, although value of the product on a smaller tank is subjective. For parameter stability, it can be useful however it will require more equipment such as a second doser to dose correct the tank. For the full system, you are looking at $4k for the P4 with probes and power bar, Kh Director and Ion.

I stopped reading at the price. I'll stick with my hanna checkers. Why can't someone come out with a system that reflects what it does? Once you hit a grand + "super affordable non reagent reagents", it's sort of in the fantasy realm for most hobbyists. Yes yes this is a crazy expensive hobby, but that doesn't justify all these crazy priced gimmicks. Of course just my $.02 Is this really "site news" worthy?

You are 100% right. Items like this are definitely not for everyone. The market is definitely out there and prices may come down in the future, but we all love supply and demand. I saw one post on FB where someone was complaining about not getting their confirmation email. The response was delayed due to literally hundreds of orders being processed in just the first hour of the announcement. As for the "site news" I did not realize it triggered that prefix was triggered when I started the post from Tapatalk. I have corrected it on the OP and in the forum page options. It actually looks like several forums were default with Site News.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com

This is for the serious hobbyist or one that may not have the time to test as frequently, or someone who just wants absolute control (lots of these people out there). 1k is nothing for the people who spend that on one coral alone. As the price of corals increase they become less expendable and people decide to invest in systems that keep things alive. Good for the hobbyist and better for the environment.

The ION director is quite innovative with using probe vs. reagents. There is far less mechanical items to go wrong and the costs to keep it running are minimal in comparison to the trident. This is a revolutionary piece of equipment for the hobby for automated testing, and when used in parallel with automated dosing functions this adds more flexibility to people who want to take part in the hobby but may not have the time for constant testing and dosing (or again, for people who just want to be reassured there treasured ecosystem is healthy and thriving).

GHL has always been the leader in controllers and tank automation. My P3 controller i bought over 14 years ago is still compatible with all new equipment and works just like day one and runs every system in my house. As someone who travels frequently I can tell you that this is needed and there is a huge demand for such a product.

Last edited: