January POTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I'll throw mine up just for consideration :)
3arupyqa.jpg

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
harleymike link said:
My camera died so this is all I have
i was waiting to see your fts, sucks about your camera man, are you going to upgrade to a new one?

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
harleymike link said:
Not sure yet. It keeps giving me a \"err\" message. I'll take in and see if it's worth it.

thats a bummer.

i googled this

If an "Err" message is displayed on a D-SLR camera's control panel and viewfinder display, this generally indicates that the cameras internal performance monitor has detected a problem. This message can indicate either a temporary or serviceable camera problem. If the camera displays "Err" then please check the following before returning it for service.

1. Using a Nikon approved memory card may solve a compatibility issue.

2. Removing and then re-attaching the lens may solve a temporary lens/body communication issue. If this doesn't work try using another lens, if the camera then works this would indicate the lens causing the error is at fault. Setting the camera to M (Manual) exposure mode may allow you to continue shooting if there are no other solutions immediately available.

3. Removing then re-inserting the battery may solve a temporary electrical problem. It's also possible to reset a camera back to factory default settings using 'two button' reset or in some cases the 'full' reset. For details on how to do this click here. Note that personal camera settings will be reset but recorded images are unaffected.

4. Remove the lens from the camera and check the lenses connection pins and the Aperture control lever on the inside of the camera to ensure there is no damage.  If the Aperture control lever is bent or damaged this may lead to the 'err' message being displayed.  If the lever is damaged please return the camera to an authorised Nikon repair centre.  For further details of where to find and inspect the Aperture control lever please click here.

If the error is still displayed then your camera will probably need to be returned to your local Nikon Service Department.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I apologize to everyone for the delay in this. i intended to get it done on sunday but as most of you know as i was busy *facepalm*
ill work on it now and have it ready for tmrw morning

Status
Not open for further replies.