Jebao Rw4

Copperkills

Anyone using one of these? I have an old MP10 thats loud as eff that Im looking to replace with this pump. Is this RW4 big enough for a 35g cube?

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Yes it would be good for a cube that size, used one in my 44g and works great, although a rw8 on lowest setting would be better, I use two of them on mine on lowest and works wonders for flow

jroovers

Super Active Member
I have two RW 4s in my 45. They are ok. Not very reliable, only seem seem to work in W2 MODE. Gyre 130 was way better. Tired of doing parts and bushings tho. Just ordered 2 6015 tunze nanostreams. 120 with shipping.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I’ve used the rw8 on my 40 gallon tank works amazing had it for 3 years not 1 issue , and still hasn’t lost power , best part is it’s very easy to take apart to clean when you have to the 8 is a little to powerful I only ever have it on the lowest setting on wave mode (I don’t have sps) other wise I’d bump it up a bit . I bought mine from pets and ponds.ca

Copperkills

I have two RW 4s in my 45. They are ok. Not very reliable, only seem seem to work in W2 MODE. Gyre 130 was way better. Tired of doing parts and bushings tho. Just ordered 2 6015 tunze nanostreams. 120 with shipping.

Where did you order from.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Not sure if you ordered yet, but the 6015s kick out a decent amount of flow, could be too much for a 35 cube, but two of them seem about right for my 45 (mainly SPS so some areas of relatively high flow is a good thing). Also, the footprint of them are quite a bit bigger than the RW4s, and there is no way to dial them down.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Alright, ordered an SW4 lol. Lets see how long it takes to get here from China.

Mine took a few days from petsandponds.ca honestly you won’t be disappointed mines like 5-10 % less power then day 1 and it’s about 2 years old 0 issues they are fun to mess around with tho :)

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Oh on a side note , just be aware when you plug the power to the controller there’s a slight millisecond spark , I’ve never been zapped and I unplug it that when once a week for a water change lol much be the configuration between China outlets to ours ?

Homy77

If you guys live in Toronto, there is a store on Kennedy road that stocks these things, I’ve bought an sw-15 and the cp55 gyre clone from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copperkills

My SW-4 arrived yesterday and tbh I didn't realize how tiny it was lol its literally the size of a golf ball. It creates an ok wave in my cube but only if placed close to the water level. The flow is just ok too. I was hoping to replace my noisy MP-10 with this but sadly its only good enough to use for supplemental crossflow. Im not sure if I should try the RW8 or just buy the new MP10QD. The age old saying is true lol. Opinions.

jroovers

Super Active Member
I would consider the Gyre 230. Placed vertically in a corner midway between top and bottom of your tank would probably be perfect. I would have gotten a 230 instead of the Tunzes if I wasn't a bit bitter about not being able to get parts for my first gen 130.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I have a RW8 Jebao on my 60 cube on one side and it’s set at less than 50% it’s a beast. It blows any fish into the glass,if they get into the stream on the pulse.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I have a RW8 Jebao on my 60 cube on one side and it’s set at less than 50% it’s a beast. It blows any fish into the glass,if they get into the stream on the pulse.

I still feel bad about recommending the rw8 to ya :( sowey

Copperkills

I would consider the Gyre 230. Placed vertically in a corner midway between top and bottom of your tank would probably be perfect. I would have gotten a 230 instead of the Tunzes if I wasn't a bit bitter about not being able to get parts for my first gen 130.
230 is steep....big jump in price from the 130

Copperkills

jlaquatics.ca carries replacement parts for the 130