JEBO TUNZE KNOCK OFF.....

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Fish street . com carries them, they also have a bunch of demo videos. Looks neat and surely can't be as loud as the vortechs

spyd

Super Active Member
I think I am going to try one out... I have all ways wanted a good wave but don't have the right design for a Tunze Wavebox.

Can Reefer

I would just stay away from their skimmers! I think it is pretty hard to mess up a circulation pump.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
parksy link said:
There seems to be a bit of worry about fire hazards with these. Any validation to this?

Pretty sure that is only because this is a China brand. Much like worries about fire from drivers and LED fixtures. Not sure how much is a fire hazard when most of the system is under water...

spyd

Super Active Member
I have been reading the reviews on RC and they look very positive. The only thing is you cannot dial down the flow of these units.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
spyd link said:
I have been reading the reviews on RC and they look very positive. The only thing is you cannot dial down the flow of these units.

U sure? I read this on Darryl's article

"As we mentioned before, there are six different flow modes hitting at constant flow 13,000 l/hr; 6,500 l/hr, or 4,300 l/hr with three separate variable stream modes "

spyd

Super Active Member
The settings just adjust the wave pattern, but not the actual strength of the flow. Those numbers just represent how often the pump is turning off and on in the different wave patterns. There is no reducing the dc power ouput to the unit to lessen the flow. It wouldn't be an issue for my 180G, but, for someone with a 90G or something, it could be too powerful.

P

phi delt reefer

spyd link said:
The settings just adjust the wave pattern, but not the actual strength of the flow. Those numbers just represent how often the pump is turning off and on in the different wave patterns. There is no reducing the dc power ouput to the unit to lessen the flow. It wouldn't be an issue for my 180G, but, for someone with a 90G or something, it could be too powerful.

the interm fix for this is to source a DC laptop power supply (either <24v or adjustable) for the unit comes with a 24v power supply.

there is a "smaller" model coming out very soon from what I hear. Doubt they will have the Tunze reliability but they are an easy sell at that price point.  Hell you can't buy 5 year old 6105's for even close to that price!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
spyd link said:

Ah gotcha,.. Ya I only have a 4ft tank so might be to much then

paoul

Poseidon link said:
[quote author=spyd link=topic=4829.msg1#msg1 date=1363869578]

Ah gotcha,.. Ya I only have a 4ft tank so might be to much then
[/quote]

there is supposed to be a wp25 coming out sometime soon but it may be too small for a 4ft tank. There is some specs floating around i'll see if I can find em but I am pretty sure talk was that the wp25 was geared towards nanos.

RC has a big thread on these pumps and saying that a laptop variable power supply you can change voltage and ajust the speed of the pump that way

H

hazey

If one of these caught on fire and caused damage would you be covered insurance wise?? I doubt it?
I am just a little scared to use something that isn't rated under Canadian codes.

TypeZero

Inactive Since Crash
Website Affiliate
INACTIVE
Brands name similar to jebo, model number similar to mp40, and looks like a tunze.
Best of all worlds?

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Ok,...well I received mine in just over a week.  The quality is not up to par with TUNZE or VORTECH as I suspected but its not bad and it does its job, which is move a lot of water.  The controller is pretty weak  but all in all it seems like a really good buy as long as they last for a while.