Jumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
So,, i had an unfortunate tragedy today.  Got home from work(late) and while showing neopimp around my basement fishroom, found my newly aquired leopard wrasse dried up on the floor.  Its such a shame.  He was an astounding looking fish.  I was looking forward to years of watching him.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
its times like those that you are glad to have fellow hobbyists in your house.. people you have never met before... to be there for you .

Victoss

Wow I don't know how you do it but you just flipped this thread from sad to hilarious just like that. Either way sorry for your loss, them can be some beautiful fish.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Heard I was coming I bet...  Said "fuck it I'm out... Good luck guys"

spyd

Super Active Member
Wrasses are notorious jumpers! My Leopard Wrasse has been very good and has not tried to jump to his demise thankfully. If you are really getting into Wrasses and Anthias, etc. then I would make DIY screen for sure.

spyd

Super Active Member
That could be. Mine buried itself for a month before it came out and became active. I thought it was a gonner for sure, then I started seeing him here and there during lights out. Now, it's out swimming all day long.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
My six line wrasse is in a 40 gallon bare bottom tank with complete open top. Only jumper I have had was a blue chromis, and then a sand sifting gobie from cube when front lid flap was left open for day

Victoss

Yep my six line has been fine in my open top too. The only jumper I had was one of my clowns, I assume the little guy was scared out by the female since they were hanging around the top a lot and she kept charging him.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I have a sand bed bottom and had a dispar anthias jump out recently during feeding.....he was just too excited....I seen him fall to his demise....I returned him immediately to the tank but he was dead. Also had a clown and chromis jump......
My tank is still open top but I am working on getting the canopy on it now.....I have to finish this before bill gets his next shipment of dispar in again..... :)
Open tops have their pros and cons...... Air circulation pro, but fish jumping con.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Lol until I loose something pricey by it jumping...it's the stupid fishes fault.

spyd

Super Active Member
harleymike link said:
Just got a solar wrasse. They jumpers too?

Yes. You run the risk with all wrasses, chromis and anthias if you don't have a canopy or screen. Sometimes when feeding, they jump at the food on the surface. Other times, a fish chases them a bit and they jump. Just something to consider. No guarantee that it will happen but those are the types of fish that will jump.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
My 6 line jumped so high it jumped over my open top hood and onto the floor.

When my lights go off it sounds like bob izumi fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.