Just a couple bird pictures

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Now I am horrible with names of birds so I don't actually know what these are called and I am too lay to look it up right now.
I am no Jordan but here is a few I took today.

AdamS

Nice, the middle ones my favourite.

Do you know the rule of thirds? in the middle pic, move the bird to the right of the frame.  Also, you now know everything I know about photography.

AdamS

Google it, very simple, it will be an 'AHA!' moment.

Edit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jordanroovers/ Notice how the majority of the animals have more room infront of there face than behind? Notice how the majority of pics do not have the subject centred? If you look at the loons, the head is in the centre, but the body is not.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Lol I will after I start my honey do list. I'm on vacation from the store this week so apparently that means do a crap load of stuff around the house.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
AdamS link said:
Google it, very simple, it will be an 'AHA!' moment.

Edit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jordanroovers/ Notice how the majority of the animals have more room infront of there face than behind? Notice how the majority of pics do not have the subject centred? If you look at the loons, the head is in the centre, but the body is not.
it looks like he does it that way with just the bird pictures. I'll try and edit a couple like that next time.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
You want to try and leave space for the subject you are shooting to move into, so normally the space is on whatever side they are looking.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
unibob link said:
You want to try and leave space for the subject you are shooting to move into, so normally the space is on whatever side they are looking.
i did crop these photos to have them centered. Yes it was my first time more or less.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
yveterinarian link said:
First one is a Downy woodpecker and the second and third are Cedar Waxwings.  Great pics  :)
thanks. I am horrible with names. I'm in Brantford over the next couple days so I am going to go exploring if we don't get too much snow.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Enjoy your time in Brantford.  If you get near the Grand river my mother-in-law always used to tell me there was a pair of bald eagles there. Not sure which stretch of the river though.  Maybe you can catch sight of them.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
yveterinarian link said:
Enjoy your time in Brantford.  If you get near the Grand river my mother-in-law always used to tell me there was a pair of bald eagles there. Not sure which stretch of the river though.  Maybe you can catch sight of them.
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to get as we were doing a lot of other family things.  It was hard to leave the wife with the two kids and say hey I'm going out for a few hours looking for birds.