Just Bought My 1st Canadian Grocery Store Beer

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I was in Paris today and stopped into the Sobeys there. I was walking down the front and I see a little cooler filled with single cans and 6 Packs.

I picked up a Spark house Red Ale. Not too bad of a beer. I'm not really a Big drinker. Actually its been over 6 months since I've had any alcohol at all. But I couldn't pass up this historic moment in Canadian history.

They have had beer in corner stores in Quebec for over 30 years and no idea how long in USA.

What do you think about the new accessibility

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I personnally love it. There is a small corner store the next town over to me that has a LCBO and Beer Store in the corner store. Same cash even, but still technically a separate store. I have 0 issues with it and welcome the change, I just wish that there was one closer to here. There have been several times that i get back to Blenheim 5 minutes after the store has closed and could really use a beer that night. No, I do not keep it in the house.

Nighthawk26

No issues with it's existence. It's implementation is ridiculous, however. Seeing them set up in same plazas as existing beer stores is a complete waste in it's initial roll out, and frankly I feel more of a smoke screen while the Liberal government continues to screw other things up. Real convenient timing of it's announcement as they sell off the hydro.