Just saying hello

S

sirhc13

Just a short intro....... been doing a lot of reading on this forum, getting as much info as possible to prepare for my first mixed reef marine setup.

Slowly putting the pieces together, this is what I have so far,

220g (72x24x30) Display tank drilled with dual corner overflows
75g Sump- have the tank, still need to make it into a sump lol
JNS CO-3 Protein Skimmer- ON ORDER
72" Aquatic Life 12 bulb T5 HO light- ON ORDER
Mag 24 Return Pump- ON ORDER

I know I still need a ton of stuff!!!! but it's a start! lol

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Welcome to the best forum on earth. I would agree with BigShow, maybe take a look at the DC pumps, good price and great reviews. Best of luck.

cheers

DerekL

Welcome to TFT ! Lots of great people here and tons of info. There is always lots of ppl quick to answer any question you may have. You should like the JNS skimmer. I just bought the JNS s cone C01 for my 90 gallon and love it so far and would definately recommend these skimmers.

S

sirhc13

BIGSHOW link said:
Welcome.

All looks good, but I would recommend you get a different return pump then a MAG 24.

What brand/model would you recommend for my 220? Just curious why wouldn't you go with the MAG?

S

sirhc13

Is there somewhere local to London that sells the DC pumps or do they have to be ordered online?

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
sirhc13 link said:
Is there somewhere local to London that sells the DC pumps or do they have to be ordered online?
most of the guys got the dc pumps online thru fish street  those are the cheapest route  i dont know who has them around yur area.  i eid get my dc pump from the coral reef store in burlington    that was a year b4 jaebo came out with theres

S

sirhc13

So would ppl recommend the Jebao DC pumps?? Was going to order a few wp40's and wp25's so might just order this pump while i'm at it!! lol. Thinking I would prob need the DC12000 which is controllable from 3600L (950G) - 12000L (3168G) or would the 1800L (475G) - 6000L (1584G) be big enough?

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I would go with the the 1200. You can control the output and if you plan on running reactors you could use it for them if the flow is to much.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I would go with the the 1200. You can control the output and if you plan on running reactors you could use it for them if the flow is to much.

spyd

Super Active Member
I agree. Get the larger one and use it to run bio-pellets, carbon, GFO, etc. This way you prevent additional power consumption from other pumps to run reactors and the heat they produce. That DC pump will run a lot more quietly than that mag 24.

When you say mixed reef are you planning SPS and LPS? If doing SPS, I would strongly suggest running bio pellets. Fill up your reactor and run them right from the start so you dont have to slowly introduce them into your system down the road.

Jewel

Welcome to a great forum, I don't run any Jebao pumps but I know a lot of people have them on here, Mags run pretty hot as well, Id recommend the Sicce pump my self but for your size of tank it would be pricey, but a great pump.

KBennett

I have the exact same setup.  I've been using a mag 18 return and I think it is fine, but it is a little noisy and I plan on getting something better in the future. 

I have 1 WP40 and it is a lot.  You won't need more than two.