Just Survived A Very Busy Weekend

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
This weekend topped off a year of preparations for my daughter Cheryl's wedding. She was so wonderfully organized that the day went off without a hitch despite the rain.
I thought I would post a few pictures of our great day...

DSC06865_zpsdkmm2zq3.jpg

Thursday and Friday we decorated the Agricultural hall in Drumbo. It looked beautiful when done...

DSC06869_zpszdm7bjuj.jpg

The Willis United Church after we decorated it.

DSC06874_zpsibzj8fyf.jpg

Cheryl waiting for her cue with her Maid of Honor, Chelsea. The edge of the veil is tatted with clear beads between each loop and took me about 3 weeks to tat.

DSC06876_zps1frkgmzp.jpg

The Wedding Cake. This took me a few months of making little flowers and leaves before Cheryl and I were ready to decorate it. Luckily only the top was real cake so I could put the other two layers together long before the last rush.

DSC06890_zpsjlw5wytm.jpg

Cheryl and Andrew cutting the Cake. Cheryl didn't want the traditional Bride and Groom on top of the cake so she found a small silver Stag and Doe to be her cake topper...

DSC06884_zpsl9ekxzig.jpg

Playing a Wedding game that her brother made up. She looks so happy. :D

Everyone had a wonderful time and Dave and I danced our feet off. Today we took down all of the decorations and sent Cheryl and Andrew on their way for their honeymoon. Dave and I are now crashed on the couch (me with very soft slippers on my feet) and we are not getting up again for a few hours!, LOL