Kenya tree not looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Shriveled up, tips are greyish brown. It isn't mushy yet, but it doesn't look good. About 4 days ago it shed some sort of mucus, which I read is normal, but also read it is supposed to snap back to normal after. What should I be looking for to tell if it's going to come back or not. Every other coral is flourishing in the tank. Only coral I have killed so far is Xenia.

G

Gietz

Man something is nipping at it or another coral stinging it?  How close is it to other corals?

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Tank Inhabitants

Red leg hermits
Diamondback goby
Variety of snails (all small)
3 blue green chromis

Water tests have been fine. Will get readings again tonight

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
My guess would be chemical warfare from another coral,  as stated leathers are pretty hardy.  One suggestion would be a rapa rapa snail.  They host in leathers sometimes for years eating them from the inside out.  When they emerge they usually kill the host. 

Hopefully yours is just going through a phase.  If it doesn't make it, I would suggest keeping away from leathers all together, they can be pretty hard on a reef tank, and they grow so damn big. 

G

Gietz

I would suggest keeping away from leathers all together, they can be pretty hard on a reef tank, and they grow so damn big.  [/quote]

+1 i have pom pom xenia that i cant get ride of and my waving hand has to be cut down every couple weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.