Landlord's A Dick

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Well, went to see "a guy". Results not good. Looks like we're renting for a couple years to fix our credit. Time to embrace the pain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamB

Super Active Member
Glad that you went Jeff - that took courage
As Sewerat posted, now you know the parameters of the game so to speak and even though the end result was not what you were hoping to hear - you now know where you stand.
Next project: Locate suitable rental accomodations for you and your family

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Glad that you went Jeff - that took courage
As Sewerat posted, now you know the parameters of the game so to speak and even though the end result was not what you were hoping to hear - you now know where you stand.
Next project: Locate suitable rental accomodations for you and your family
We heard pretty much what I expected, so no real surprise. I asked, for the hell of it, what he thought about rent to own. Definitely not worth considering. Essentially, it's a cash grab for landlords. I think I may have found a decent place to rent. Hopefully check it out friday.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
If having to find a different place to live is the biggest hardship in your life. Consider yourself blessed. Don't mean it harshly, just plenty of people are dealing with major obstacles.

42617c094769bfe4d3ebc5fcded6d06d.jpg

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
If having to find a different place to live is the biggest hardship in your life. Consider yourself blessed. Don't mean it harshly, just plenty of people are dealing with major obstacles.

42617c094769bfe4d3ebc5fcded6d06d.jpg
If it were just my wife and I, it would not be a big deal. Ensuring my two daughters have a decent home to live and grow up in is a big deal to me.

shamous113

It's a big deal to all of us Jeff, We all want the best for our kids, my only desire in life is that my kids are taken care of, do better and succeed more then me. some times we need to take a step back to be able to take 3 forward. It will work out because...because you are doing a great job as a father wanting the best for you're kids, because you have the strength to ask for advice and help...you are on the rite path. I'm sorry if this sounds preachy just...don't doubt your self.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
You took the biggest and the scariest step, and now you have a goal, not what you were hoping to hear, but it gives you an opportunity to come up with the plan, put some money aside, and in a couple of years go for the gold ! you can do it, good luck with the look see on Friday :D

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Well, somehow we got lucky and found a house to rent that is the same size as our current one, but is laid out much better and has a large workshop :) Rent is $100 more, but well worth it in my opinion. I already have a place picked out for a tank (of course!). Things are looking up...

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
There is one downside. We'll have to say goodbye to our husky/shepherd, affectionately named Shiza. The backyard is not fenced in a way that would stop her from escaping, and she loves to explore! She really deserves to be on a farm or large property. If anyone is interested, let me know. Not looking for any money, just a home with plenty of room for her to roam.

3ced69cc0aed264fc4a959e7aebe99d1.jpg
0a9d99a84cc0900fa63d9a7a225b0143.jpg

SamB

Super Active Member
Hey Jeff
Good news about your new place - sounds great !
I can only imagine the PITA it must be to find suitable housing for you and your family (and tanks!)
I am sorry to hear about the situation with your dog but there are people with property and still some farmland out your way
But it will still be hard for you and your family
I couldn't imagine my life without my good friend ! (Pictured - but not on a coral delivery !) :D

Bo 3.jpg