Large In-wall Tanks

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
To anyone with a large in-wall tank.
Do you have any regrets?
Anything you wish you did or didn't do?
Maintenance difficulties?
Would you go back to a traditional tank and stand?

Alexanneka

I have 120 in wall. Very difficult to maintain and negotiate coral placement from the back and also requires lots of patience when doing any sort of aquascaping, feeding fish or pest removal as you constantly have to run back around the wall to check stuff then go back around and guess and then check again. Not like placing something and then just bending down to look. Everything seemingly requires more footwork when its in wall. It does give a crisp clean look but most of the functionality of a traditionally placed aquarium and stand is lost due to the wall being blocked. Hope this helps.

averhoog

Mine I access from the front with a ten inch cabinet door would def want a bigger door ontop makes it real Hard to reach in Wouldn't change anything else

Last edited:

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Great info, I was planning an access from the front and a movable light assembly.
Thanks, that helps.

OrcaSB

I've had several in wall aquariums and we also maintain several as well. Definitely have access both from behind and in front, that is a must. Retractable lighting system of some kind is helpful as well.
In my opinion nothing looks nicer than an in wall aquarium but if you ever decide to sell your house you can almost definitely count on having to take the tank down. I've had 3 in wall aquariums in different houses and I thought they'd be a selling feature but every time the purchaser put in the agreement that I had to take the tanks out and repair the wall. They were all just to intimidated by the thought of maintaining the aquarium. Just something to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk