LED Experiment - Mr.Saltwatertank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
After finding out these vlog/bloggers are getting kick backs in free equipment and other benefits I think I will get my reviews and advice from people who have nothing to gain..

Z

Zakk

Darryl_V link said:
After finding out these vlog/bloggers are getting kick backs in free equipment and other benefits I think I will get my reviews and advice from people who have nothing to gain..

Then ask me, however, if any companies are willing to give me free equipment, I am available as a shill.  ;D

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Zakk link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=1713.msg12665#msg12665 date=1323378688]

Then ask me, however, if any companies are willing to give me free equipment, I am available as a shill.  ;D
[/quote]

is there no limit you wont go to dedicate to this hobby?

lol

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Darryl_V link said:

Yes, most of them are getting free equiptment and are getting kick backs from youtube for hits and advertisements. I as well will get my reviews and advice from people who have nothing to gain.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The Radions were no doubt given to him, but he did conduct a good comparison of the effect on his corals response between his MHs and the new LEDs in the same tank for four months. I would take it with a grain of salt and see how things work out for the long-term. If he stays the course, he will still be using these a year from now.

Don't be a playa hata...I have seen a lot of his videos and think that he does his best to recommend good products and does identify things that should be considered for improvement. He does try to cash in from time to time on reeftank user guides, etc.. :eek:

...This has been your Thursday evening quick tip...until next time...enjoy your weekend...enjoy your tank...and know your tank personality ;)

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I would be all over what he does if the chance came up :)
Free shit... Money... I'm in :)

Anyone need fish advice... that is my expertise..

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Neopimp link said:
I would be all over what he does if the chance came up :)
Free S@#T... Money... I'm in :)

Anyone need fish advice... that is my expertise..

All you have to do is start your own youtube channel and start asking companies to send you stuff to review.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
agreed. even though he gets stuff for free, he does give sound advise. Everyone needs to make a living.  In the end, if the radions were crap, im sure he wouldnt be using them. saying that...would i buy them? NOPE would i take them for free? HELL YA :)...I like free

Z

Zakk

I don't know if anyone else thinks this, but 'mr saltwatertank' is a pretty retarded name.  "Hello!  I'm Mr. Hatonmyhead!"  "Hi! I'm Mr. trapscatsforfun". 

Just my 2¢.

xxmurrxx

Im actually a fan of his videos, has some good info.
and he might get paid for promoting a product but he seems to promote good products.

Only thing I don't like is when he's trying to sell info.. guides, etc.. or the apex controllers at a higher prices because he included a setup guide with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.