LED lights, EBAY

Bfofre

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370857093101&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Yes Yes... i already purchased a T5 lighting system... But now this has me intrigued!!!  Anyone order this yet?? Any review???

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I'm using something similar on my frag tank, works ok for lps and softies and I am currently testing it out over sps but it's only been a few days

Bfofre

Not ready to start buying new lights... Lol,  I haven't even got the new T5 system yet..  But then again..  I really did want to go LED.  Wonder if these could be mounted in my canopy though,  noticed it said 12-16" above water

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Bfofre link said:
CSA=LOL 

I think what he means is, if there was a problem (fire) with them, the insurance company would negate the claim because it was non CSA approved.  Reef Hero might have better insight on that. 

dale

for me,,, i would want higher numbers in the white bulbs,, all 12,000k to 10,000k and lower numbers in the blue spectrum,, mostly royal blues or  rb \uv combo

monizb

Super Active Member
I looked At same unit pass on it and went t5 unit for frag tank I'm using Jerry's led same unit as one u have posted but just worried About sps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bfofre

Well my T5 system will be here tomorrow!  Tank not ready to setup yet... But I will  "play"  with my new lights!

KBennett

dale link said:
for me,,, i would want higher numbers in the white bulbs,, all 12,000k to 10,000k and lower numbers in the blue spectrum,, mostly royal blues or  rb \uv combo

I was going to say the same thing.  Needs more royal blue, and it has a lot in the red spectrum. 
You could probably grow montipora and birdsnest with it.  For that price, it's worth a try on a frag tank or something.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
KBennett link said:
[quote author=dale link=topic=7608.msg78781#msg78781 date=1391046146]

I was going to say the same thing.  Needs more royal blue, and it has a lot in the red spectrum. 
You could probably grow montipora and birdsnest with it.  For that price, it's worth a try on a frag tank or something.

[/quote]

ill let you guys know how my LED china unit turns out with the sps im attempting to grow with it.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I'm pretty sure there's plenty of people growing sps under these lights..

Too bad the op one couldn't be 20rb and 7 blue or whatever.. U should see if they do custom layouts.

Bfofre

Confirmed,  if you order 2 or more lights,  you can have the spectrum altered!  Damn. .  I want these now  :)

KBennett

Bfofre link said:
Still can't address how id mount them in my canopy though ...

That 16" requirement is probably to make sure it doesn't get splashed.  Just use an acrylic sheet and I'm sure you can have it closer.  You would need to let fresh air into the canopy for cooling however.