LED reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxmurrxx

Seemed like a lot of people on this forum went LEDs a little while ago. Wondering how they are holding up for all of you, all still happy?

I think I'm going to be ordering the biocube kit from rapid led, I'm sure it'll be a huge difference coming from the stock power compact lighting.

P

phi delt reefer

fuck the rapid led kit man - get the nanobox kit man. Davefason is doing some crazy shit with led lighting and if you are going to spend 300-400 anyways get the latest in technology imo.

Z

Zakk

I went RapidLED and am absolutely thrilled.  I wouldn't pay someone else's overhead if it was me, but I also don't get any kickbacks from any of these companies, so buy what you're happy with. 

http://www.nano-box-reef.com/products.html

Wow, $350 for 12 LED's and a fan.  I take it back, there's no way I would dish out that much scratch for that.  ;D

P

phi delt reefer

it includes the dimmable drivers, housing, mounts, etc. and you get everything on sweet 13up boards;

6738433607_a176f1ba3a_b.jpg

definately pricey but there is no disco ball effect and he blends 4-5 different leds - much like the Radions.

he sells the 13-up boards on their own and heat sinks if you want to diy your own

xxmurrxx

300ish is all I really want to spend, actually I don't WANT to even spend that but it's time for new bulbs so I figure it's a good time for the upgrade.

Z

Zakk

(I also wasn't inferring that phi gets any kickbacks...had to re-read what I wrote.  lol)

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I used a mxture of ledgroupbuy.com and reefledlights for my stuff.

I bought 96 leds .. crees ... whites RB reds ... 2 large heatsinks.. and some drivers.

I would have got the strnger drivers if i did it again as i still have half the capacity on the leds left unused.

I can say they grow all the corals i have... plenty of room for upgrades and addition leds on the heatsinks... i went with no optics so i have a limited amount if disco effect going on.

my whoel progect including the hood i built and mounting system, accessories got close to 1000 bucks i think.

I woudl do it again if i had too

Status
Not open for further replies.