lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleymike

Super Active Member
I have purchased a glo t5 ho fixture 4 bulbs 48 inch fixture on 60 gallon tank.
Was wondering what bulbs too use.
Was thinking two power glo( 2150 lumen 233 lux), one (blue)actinic glo(1600 lumen 177 lux), and one life  glo (4300 lumen 422 lux).
They are 54 watts each.
So total of 216 watts. Tank is 60gal. 48 inches long, 24 inches deep and 12 inches wide ( front too back)

thanks for any help
mike

Seggsy

I started out with all sorts of bulbs - please trust me and use a better brand - like ATI.  You won't regret it!

On a 75, I have 6 ATI bulbs:  2 aquablue (actually nice white), 3 special blue (actinic-ish), and one purple.  Great blend.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Seggsy link said:
I started out with all sorts of bulbs - please trust me and use a better brand - like ATI.  You won't regret it!

On a 75, I have 6 ATI bulbs:  2 aquablue (actually nice white), 3 special blue (actinic-ish), and one purple.  Great blend.
ATI bulbs all the way...

Maybe consider coral plus, blue plus x2 and purple plus.. this will give a nice bluish look

If you want it brighter, change the purple plus for another coral plus.

If you want it even brighter substitute the coral plus with aquablue special

All depends on what colour temperature you prefer

Lots of options, but definitely go with ATI if you can

harleymike

Super Active Member
place i baought them at is a package deal. Has too be the glo bulbs. But I can change the selection around. Maybe more marine or what ever.
When there ready too be replaced then i can switch the brand of bulb.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
harleymike link said:
place i baought them at is a package deal. Has too be the glo bulbs. But I can change the selection around. Maybe more marine or what ever.
When there ready too be replaced then i can switch the brand of bulb.

Sorry man, I can't help.
Maybe someone else here might be more familiar with these bulbs.

Good luck!

R

reeffreak

Glo bulbs are garbage no offense but the fixture may fall behind the bulbs also, loom into tek t5 fixtures or atleast a retro kit t5 with some good reflectors

nitro069

Don't know much about glo bulbs or fixtures but i can tell you i started off with an odyssey light fixture (crap) and used the supplied bulbs for a month. switched to pheonix mh and coralife t5 bulbs after a month (also crap) and noticed a difference in my coral coloration after a month or so. used them for about 9 months. bit the bullet and bought an ATI 6x54w dimmable sunpower (not crap) with ati bulbs and have seen a dramatic difference in coral coloration, tank color and hopefully soon coral growth. from my experience thus far, buy right the first time and save money in the long run. So far I have spent an extra 400 bucks on bulbs and fixtures that i could have put towards a decent light fixture.

As far as bulb selection goes, it looks like what your thinking will create a nice color. 

Status
Not open for further replies.