LPS ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I got this piece with a bunch of stuff a while back.  Just a few bits of pink still alive on a skeleton, owner thought it might have been a chalice.  Did nothing for a long time (didn't die, didn't grow) now that it is coming back, it doesn't look like any of the types of chalices I have (unless they look a lot different coming back from just eyes).  The largest polyp/head is about loonie sized, with the ring of small tentacles around the mouth when open most of the day (see top left of darker pic).  They have started to send out small sweepers after the lights go out now as well.

Any ideas...look familiar??

davesolo29

Super Active Member
i hope you find out...  from the looks of it i have something that could be the same.  it was in a cheap frag rack and no one seems to know what it is.  i have had a few people say chalice, but never with any real certainty.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
not sure what your looking to ID? are you talking about the pink mushrooms?

F

Fraggle Rock

Look very musroomee to me as well, But damn they got some big mouthes.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I though they might be some odd shroom as they stared to grow esp. since the very edges are loose from the rock (haven't taken them out to see if there is a small central attachment like a regular mushroom).  I have various discosoma, rhodactis, Ricordea, none of those have the tentacles and I have never seen sweepers come out of them...but maybe they do and I never noticed?

The other thing is that unlike my various shrooms these don't spread out when they're "happy" they puff up like volcanoes (see the two on the left in profile).  If they are another family of shroom, any idea on a name for me to look up?  When you search corallimorphs all you get are the usual suspects.

Thanks for input I love puzzles... 

C

copperkills

Maybe theyre some high end yumas! Wheres El Concistador when u need him?!

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
BTW If you haven't already tried...the resolution on the dark pic is good enough that you can zoom in for a pretty good view of the tentacles around the mouth.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
yes thats weird with the tenticles forsure. i can see them in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.