macro pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleymike

Super Active Member
playing around with some close up filters and new editing software. Still figuring it out. Here is a sample pic so far.
Any help with taking pics under blue leds, or tank pics at all appreciated.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
I find that there is a sweet spot when using my macro lens.  You need to have it a certain distance away from the object you are photographing.  I also do a manual focus and use a timer to take the photos, so my fat sausage fingers don't shake the camera when I push the button.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Nice shot!  To help you out, can you indicate what your shot settings were (ISO, Av, Tv), on what camera/lens, what you did for WB, and what post processing you used?  In terms of constructive criticism, it looks a tad noisy - this could be related your ISO.  You also have a bit of what I would call ghosting around some areas of the polyp - this could be due to the leds - I find with my leds it gives the image a washed out look in spots.  The recommendations by Big Show above are good ones.  Also, if you can find coral of the quality he has to photograph, your images are going to look pretty phenomenal.  ;)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I grabbed a lens reversal thing and tried it out tonight in RB light.  You -definitely- need a tripod and remote shutter, and I think you need to shut off the pumps.  Up close every tiny movement is a blur.  However, these are just quick hand held shots.

One bad thing...because the lens is backwards, the effective range is ~6inches, so anything at all far from the glass is untouchable with the stock lens.

harleymike

Super Active Member
ya definately get alot of blurr without the tripod. I had mine on the tripod and it has a 2 second delay before takeing the pic when i the shutter button. Still trying to figure it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.