Made An Algae Scrubber

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well going through some things found some cutoff acrylic peices i kept so out of boredom rigged up an algae scrubber attachment that i have wanted for a bit heres how it turned out once i wash it ill post a pic of it in tank with the mats in
20150224_165729.jpg 20150224_165752.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
i had to make this due to the lack of space so i made it to sit on the end of the tank plus i dont want another pump so overflow pipe wil go to this and i still have a little spot for floss now im down to a 2"x2" square so am gonna change daily now :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
read quite abit about scrubbers over the last few years,one thing that i find interesting is that they dont have to be very large,
would like to keep up on how it works out for you
No not all all my 125gal was 10"x12" and doubled my water change times i swear by them not to mention depending what style alot cheaper than a reactor only running cost is a light bulb which isnt much if you opt for a cheap warm white cfl

BigReefer

Super Active Member
sorry stupid question ,... whats the stuff the algae sticks to i think i have a area i might be able to use this ... I have a tickle area were water runs over in my sump and i have a light above it ... i think i could hand some pvc pipe there and the water would go threw it ...