Maxspect R420R 160W 16,000K

JordanHurst

Looking at buying one of these maybe. Somone talk me out of it? or am I headed in the right direction. Im tempted to do a DIY build from rapid led. again its a 5 foot tank. most likely downsizing in the next tank to a 4 foot. throw your ideas at me people!!!
Cheers

JordanHurst

Looking at buying one of these maybe. Somone talk me out of it? or am I headed in the right direction. Im tempted to do a DIY build from rapid led. again its a 5 foot tank. most likely downsizing in the next tank to a 4 foot. throw your ideas at me people!!!
Cheers

jeff.l

I use them at work and honestly I love them.  Also used AI sols, radions and a bunch of lower quality stuff. Maxspect is the way to go iny opinion

I would suggest doing two 120s instead though

jeff.l

I use them at work and honestly I love them.  Also used AI sols, radions and a bunch of lower quality stuff. Maxspect is the way to go iny opinion

I would suggest doing two 120s instead though

DerekL

I have seen these first hand at SAMs pampered pets in Belleriver ON. And I have to say they impressed me quite a bit. The coral in there display tank that they have these over look great. I myself would go with them but I would need 2 of them making it a bit more then the LED Module I am going with from another company. Yes I believe you are going down the right road as long as they are in your budget. I also got a chance to talk to a couple of there customers who are using them and have had them for awhile now and they said that there SPS coral has shown great growth and they made the switch from metal halides to 100% LEDs. Hope this helps

DerekL

I have seen these first hand at SAMs pampered pets in Belleriver ON. And I have to say they impressed me quite a bit. The coral in there display tank that they have these over look great. I myself would go with them but I would need 2 of them making it a bit more then the LED Module I am going with from another company. Yes I believe you are going down the right road as long as they are in your budget. I also got a chance to talk to a couple of there customers who are using them and have had them for awhile now and they said that there SPS coral has shown great growth and they made the switch from metal halides to 100% LEDs. Hope this helps

walshliam

I just purchased two 20" units for my 90 Gallon tank! I'm glad to hear the positive reviews. I'm sure they'll be a huge improvement over my current setup.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
I personally have two of the 160 watt 16k units (27")

they are pretty nice. Easy to setup and program.

I am only about 7 months deep with my tank so I am not by any measure an expert on judging lights though. (ie: I have no experience with any other lights)

from the reviews I read online and positive feedback I saw, I went with these over the AI sol, and 8 bulb ATI T5HO