Media Basket for Cube

GirDance

I want to be able to run  Chemipure elite in my JBJ 28G cube and it just doesn't fit in the stock media basket, so here is the venture into DIY land...

I did price out buying one from InTank, but after shipping costs and possible duty it would have been about $80.00 which I didn't find to be a fair price for a media basket considering the cost of materials.. 

Went out and picked up a thin sheet of acrylic for $11.00 (probably enough to make two) and ordered some ICS Weldon and applicator bottle for a whopping $9.00 shipped.  I will probably have enough materials to make two or at least enough to make 1 and waste a lot of material on mistakes.

Just wondering if anyone has built their own media basket for the JBJ Cube, and if you have any helpful suggestions about things that did and didn't work out so well.  (Once the weld-on gets here and I start actually doing the project I will try to post some pics as well).

GirDance

Re: RE: Media Basket for Cube

J_T link said:
Read up on cutting the acrylic. It really will make the difference of a good DIY, or something that just works
Sent from my {HTC X8} using Board Express

Thanks!

I have watched a lot of uarujoey's youtube videos about building custom tanks etc so hopefully its helpful with this project...  Will be interesting to see if things go easier or rougher on a smaller scale project!