Members

Sewerat

Super Active Member
So after a brief meeting today I had a brain fart. We never reall know how close we are intertwined with each other's lives on a forum hiding behind our forum alias names. So if you dare post here a little about you and your life.

I'll start

My name is Sewerat here and on many a forum. Real name is Craig Sulyma. I moved to woodstock/Stratford area about 2010 when I took a job working for Toyota in the woodstock plant. I am on A shift chsub assy line. So basically I pick and assemble parts for the under carriage and engine for a RAV4. Enough about work.

I am an avid motorcyclist. Some dare to say I'm a crazy biker. I'm one of those guys that will ride a bike any time of year. I mostly ride an enduro motorcycle but my favourite passion on a bike lately has been ice racing.

I am recently enjoying spending my spare time with a group of friends called SCA. Society of Creative Anarchism. We recreate medieval period anything before 16th century. This has led me to start creating my own armour equipment out of leather and I'm really enjoying the leather craft.

I live with my honey Roma and our two dogs A mix and a black lab.

I have been reefing here on TFT for a little over 2 years, had fresh water cichlids for about 4 years prior and had a 33 gal salty about 1990 that survived 3 moves and 4 years before I forget why it got shut down?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Hi, I am Mark and I am a reefoholic. I have been in the hobby for 5 or so years...how long has the site been running again...about that long.
My name here is Torx...my name everywhere is Torx, reefcentral, R2R, Neptune Apex Forum, Canreef, GTAA and so on. Pretty much if the site is fish related, Torx is me. Even some local community forum sites in the US, although I do not frequent them.

Between a wife, 2 daughters at home, and a small zoo, I do not have time for any other hobbies. The little spare time and cash we have left over after our animals goes towards house renos. We have a English Mastiff, St Bernard, Black Lab, 2 bunnies, random number of cats and kittens as well as foster animals as we work with PAWR (Pet and Wildlife Rescue).

I drive truck for a living; and love it. Counting down the days until London Frag Fest :)

Cliff

Hi my name is Cliff I have been in the hobby for about eight years or so. When I first started and did not have much money. I used to buy and sell tanks; I would keep what I want to; and sell the rest. I still enjoy doing this. It was a good way to get familiar with hobby. I probably sold 20 to 25 tanks during my time so far. I know a lot about equipment because of it.
I am currently setting up a large tank again after a couple years with only a nano. I live in Dunnville which is about half an hour south of Hamilton. We own our own small family business; we install dump boxes on big try axle trucks. I am a certified welder and hydraulic technician.
As for hobbies I fix up classic cars. I restored a 1966 Mustang convertible for my wife a couple years ago. And I am currently working on a 1972 mustang Olympic edition.
These keep me busy and broke; much like my reefing hobby LOL

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
@Sewerat What a great idea

My name is Eric. My screen name is EricTMah on all forums I am apart of. Fish related and not. I am definitely most active on here. Fish related or not.

I'm born and raised in kitchener waterloo.

I have been in the hobby since 1990. I got my first tank when I was 14. Started with a brackish water tank. That lasted about 2 months before I converted it to a fowlr. Many tanks since 1990.

I started working in the industry in 1995 at Big Al's here in Kitchener for about 3-4 years. Then left the industry for a few more years then eventually ended up opening and managing the Petcetera in Waterloo. Was there for just under two years before I was recruited by PetSmart as a manager. Between the kitchener and the mississauga location. I worked for them for 8 years before I decided I wanted out of the pet industry. Left to go manage a telus mobility for three years. In which I ran into my boss, who I've known since I started my first tank because he worked at Big Al's at the time, he was also my manager when I worked for big als. He had a service business cleaning tanks in private homes and businesses. He was expanding his business and asked if I would like to join him. That was 9 years ago and I am still happy doing what I love for a living. I care for the bass pro shops tank in Vaughan most of the week. Then the rest is spent caring for reef tanks in private homes, dental offices and other businesses.

Even though I do it for a living. Reef keeping is still my number one hobby. With other hobbies like my car, track days with my car, bow target shooting and trying to get my home renovated. I usually stay pretty busy. Along with the wife and the cat. My time gets eaten up pretty quickly.

Sony Xperia Z3

monizb

Super Active Member
Hi guys my name is Brian moniz name on form monizb in have been in the hobby for about 8 years and enjoy the hobby started off as a fresh water guy then ended up a reef guy ;) I run a grading crew for a construction company for 4 years now been in construction for over 10 years local 1059 member I'm married and have 2 kids 5 and 2 keeps my busy I tell you ;) I enjoy riding my harley when I can With the boys also and will get back into hunting next year :) so my main focus is my family and my tank :)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Joshbrookkate

Hi, y'all. My name is Michelle. When I was a teen, my father supported me in my freshwater fish room. He is in his mid-eighties now and has forgotten how he surprised me with my first 30 gallon tank. And that he cut tables in half and stacked them atop each other all around my fish room. But he lit a spark in me for this hobby and I will be forever grateful. The opportunity to get a saltwater tank 16 months ago was unplanned. And I sure didn't know what I didn't know! But I am hooked!
As a retiree, I spend as much time as possible with my 3 young grandchildren. But most of my time is spent on reefing - learning about and maintening my 75g. I find myself drawn to anemones more than anything. But I love the inverts, too, especially my long spine urchin and orange lynkia.
I have met some awesome people in the hobby. My thanks to all of you volunteers who maintain this forum!

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Good morning all. My name is Yvette Money (yes, pronounced the way it is spelled :) ) I first got into aquariums back in the 1990's with a 30 gallon freshwater tank. I still have a freshwater tank but it has gone through several morphs and is now a 35 gallon Hexagon. I have Blushing Angels in there and really like their coloration.
I got into saltwater in 2010 through a desire to have seahorses. They were the only saltwater fish I was interested in. My first seahorses were doomed because I listened to the fish store I purchased them from and bought tankmates that were not suitable for them. Thus, I was left with some saltwater fish that I needed to re-home so I could once again try seahorses. I started a 90 gallon corner tank just for my Spotted Garden Eel and Fire Gobies and restarted a 35 gallon Hex for my seahorses. During this I became interested in some of the corals available and decided to see if I could keep them alive. Voila, my reef tank was born! My reef is now housed in a 75 gallon bowfront tank and my Spotted Garden Eel is still going strong. My seahorse tank has grown to include a 160 gallon main tank for my display tank and a fry system with a total of 185 gallons of tanks with a 75 gallon sump to house the 53 adult fry I still have left. And, you guessed it - the 35 gallon hex became the freshwater tank. :)
My husband decided during all of this that he wanted a tank and purchased a 220 gallon tank which is a FOWLR salt system. We love all of our various tanks but part of me is wanting to downsize a little. The seahorses are consuming $100 of frozen Mysis shrimp every two weeks and I was much more successful raising them than I ever thought I would be. They are truly wonderful but I have too many, LOL!
When not looking after my tanks I work as a travelling nurse in the Oxford area and have for the last 6 years. Prior to that I worked in Kitchener at Freeport Hospital for 23 years before switching to Community nursing. I absolutely love the people I meet and the opportunity to visit them in their homes to help them heal or assist them in their Palliative journey if needed.
I am married with 3 children. My daughter recently got married this past June so we have added a son-in-law to the family. Only one child still living at home and she is getting ready to go to University in a couple of years. Much as I love my children I know I will not suffer from Empty Nester's syndrome as I have way too many interests to ever truly feel lonely.
Among my other hobbies I like to knit, crochet, cross-stitch, tat, build furniture and most recently have begun finding out all about the Adult coloring craze. There simply aren't enough hours in the day to follow all of my interests. :D I belong to only 2 online forums because I don't have time for more. I use "yveterinarian" for both because it was my nickname growing up. (I had always said I was going to be a veterinarian - amazing how things change!) I am a Forum Moderator on Seahorse.org now that I have shown them I have learned their lessons well and am passing on their advice to others.
I also have 2 cats, a dog, an African Grey parrot, 2 Lovebirds that really belong to my daughter and a Cockatiel. With all of those birds it can sometimes be quite noisy but our parrot keeps us entertained with all of the things she says. Since the Christmas season is on the way we are reminding her to say "Merry Christmas!" She is remembering quite nicely! :)

heath

Distinguished Member
Hi my name is Heather, Heath for short.. I am retired and not enjoying it, its too quiet..I have had tanks for roughly 5/6 years and like some others started with freshwater, then I started raising Mollies and with the way that they breed it did help fund my first saltwater tank. I was actively involved with breeding and showing dogs for more years than I would like to remember and have seen many, many changes.. I live with my fur kids, Streamer, 6 yr old golden (in the picture), Charm 5 yr golden, Jessie is a 1 yr golden from Golden Rescue..2 cats, Emma 8/9 yr old and Cali 8/9 yr old...
I found this site by accident and it is amazing. I have made sooo many great people and have made some great friends...

Hong

Hi,
My name is Hong. I'm a baby to this hobby. I started 4 months ago. There is so much info and so much to learn. I've had an affinity to keep fish since I was small. I am a production planner by day, and reefer by night.
I like the term "fur kids" from Heath. In spare time I have left, I enjoy playing badminton, ping pong and searching for deals.

I stumbled upon this website by accident when doing some information gathering, and there is a wealth of knowledge from some of the pros above. I've been lucky enough to meet some of you nice folk on here.

Cheers, and happy reefing.

Themaddhatter

Hi, my name is Asif, and I am a reefaholic. It's been 20secs since I last stuck my hand in my tank for something... I've been keeping Aquaria since about 1998 and saltwater since 2005. I had a 125 gallon FOWLR to start in Brampton, that gradually became a mixed reef over 5 years. I moved to Guelph and took a break for 4 years or so and started back in last December with my 125 and a 100. Due to a recent illness with one of my children, the time hasn't been there, so I'm downsizing to a 90 cube in my living room. I'll be selling /trading off the other tanks for now.. I'm a HVAC Technician, and have been in that business for 13 years. I'm planning to launch my own company this coming spring. My. Other hobby is SCUBA diving. I dont get to do it very often anymore because I don't get to the Carribean as often. Eventually plan to get a drysuit and get into cold water but, like the Aquariums, once you go salt it's hard to go back to fresh...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Hey everyone! My name is Riley Zandbergen, and as you can see my nickname here is ReeferKeeper420. This is the only forum im active on currently, dont really have a need to venture anywhere else. Yall like distant family ;) lol. Im still a newb only being in saltwater for 4 years, and had freshwater for a couple years before that, and lots of reptiles prior to that. Always loved having pets, always will.Not to many other hobbies since this one pretty much keeps me busy and/or broke lol.
Had the same job for the last 8 years, and it was my first job. I work as a line cook here in Ingersoll, at Dinos Grill and Beverage. Im one of the head cooks there, and basically manage the whole place, minus paperwork and all that nonsense lol. For the most part i love what i do, but it definately has its moments. I think thats about it lol.

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
Hey everyone, as you can tell my name is Derrick. Im a investment advisor with bmo so i manager people's money who have much more then me lol I'm married with a 2 year old daughter who takes up most of my time.
When I was a kid I had multiple piranha tanks then got out when I went to university. About 5/6 years a go I started back up but switched to salt. I'm only on this fourm and really don't see a need to go to anymore. I currently have a 90 gallon and 14 gallon bio cube and I'm looking for a 150 ish gallon set up now :)
I'm about a month I'm heading to punta cana and can't wait to go snorkeling and find some sps to smuggle home lol

Themaddhatter

Hey everyone, as you can tell my name is Derrick. Im a investment advisor with bmo so i manager people's money who have much more then me lol I'm married with a 2 year old daughter who takes up most of my time.
When I was a kid I had multiple piranha tanks then got out when I went to university. About 5/6 years a go I started back up but switched to salt. I'm only on this fourm and really don't see a need to go to anymore. I currently have a 90 gallon and 14 gallon bio cube and I'm looking for a 150 ish gallon set up now :)
I'm about a month I'm heading to punta cana and can't wait to go snorkeling and find some sps to smuggle home lol
Hi Derrick, that was a metaphor for enjoying the corals over there and bringing the memories back, I hope, Lol!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Quartapound

Hey fellow Reefers!

My name is Shaun. I'm currently a 3rd term electrical apprentice living in Kitchener... Previous to that I was an electronics engineering student at Conestoga, previous to that I was in London working at Diamond Aircraft where I did avionics testing and installation. I've lived all over Canada (BC, Sask, Mississauga, Waterloo, Burlington,London, Kitchener).

My handle Quartapound, or Quarta, can be found on many different forums, in this hobby or others (TFT, reefcentral, nanoreef, reef2reef, GTAA, reddit, RCgroups, FPVLab, youtube, XDA.... I could go on lol) ...forums truly are the best resources on the internet. No matter what topic, you can usually find a helpful group of individuals with vast amounts of knowledge willing to help only a few clicks away!

I have a German Shepherd who's almost 10 years old now (although you'd never be able to to tell) who constantly competes with my tank for my attention... he's always parked right beside me at night when I sit in front of the tank and unwind.

Other hobbies I'm into -- RC (remote controlled) quadcopter/aircraft, aerial photography, electronics/arduino, photography, mountain biking, fishing, skiing, kayaking, hockey, travelling... I could go on lol

Started in this hobby a little over 5 years ago, when living in London, and found the forum. I had very limited freshwater experience beforehand, but started off my saltwater experience with a 10G complete setup purchased from kijiji (that was completely inadequate) and upgraded a few weeks later to the 45G cube that I'm still currently using today!

Happy Reefing! :)

LIttle Reef Keeper

Website
www.facebook.com
My name is Zack. I'm 16 years old and love anything animal related. 4 years ago I worked at Global Exotic Pets as a animal caretaker through a family friend. 1 year later I was hired at Exotic Wings and Pet things which mainly focused on birds and fish. I am currently working at a Vet Clinic as a Veterinary Assistant and love my job!

I have been in the aquarium hobby for 8 years and started up my first saltwater about 5 months ago. Through many people on the forum I have learned many things and am very grateful!

I currently have a 14g reef tank and a 30g predator tank. Along with a Cockatiel, Chocolate lab and a Bearded Dragon!

Me being so young I don't really have any other hobbies like fixing up cars or renovating my home. However, I do enjoy to watch movies and surf TFT for interesting threads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chief hill

Ok my turn. My name is Rob. I go by Chief Hill as I was the ERT Fire Rescue Chief for Nemak Canada (previously Ford) for 12 years and moved from that position into a Safey Coordinator position.... So it keeps me quite busy. Busy enough I left the armed forces reserves because it kept me too busy to do both.

Hobbies well I have too many. I have been in freshwater for as long as I can remember and started reefing about 5 years ago. In addition to my 90 Gallon we have a 10 gallon fw in my daughters room. 3 dogs. 2 teacup chihuahuas and a freaky large 30 lb min pin. Outside the house I have a 3000 gallon Koi pond filled with large Koi (my summer fish hobby).
Aside from that my other hobby is woodworking my 2nd love is tools. I make and sell custom exotic wood pens and any handyman work around the house. I also enjoy sport shooting however stay away from too much of it as it gets quite expensive. There is only so much money for a hobby and any extra $ I have in the winter goes to this new reef tank which is still in its early stages of life.

Glad to see the history behind all the regulars on the forum.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kyle1970

I'm Kyle from Ayr.
I've had aquariums for over 30 years.
Freshwater for first 20, then salt (Thanks Stashfrags!) with a fresh water build on the go in the basement.
Spent 16 years of my life (14-16 hours a day) working and running a small trucking company.
For the last year I have been working at an employment agency where I do 8 hours a day!
Some days I place people into jobs that they've always wanted. Those are the good days!
Married for 10 years, 2 kids, and 2 dogs.
I don't know how all of you find the time to do all your hobbies.
Most weekends I'm working on the house, driving kids here and there, etc.
I am searching for a project car to work on with my kids in hopes that that will give me somewhat of a hobby!

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Hey everyone:) you all know me as shooter000, but my real name is Sean, I'm 31, I've been in Saltwater just about a year now, have been on the TFT for just about as long, I have gained so much knowledge from all of you, absolutely amazing site,,a big thx to the creators, very well done!!, before saltwater I was into fresh for many years, but always wanted to get into it, just never did. I've had many reptiles over the years as well and still have a few in the critter wall, also cats around somewhere,lol.. By day I work at a Roof Truss fabrication plant, I've worked my way up over the years to do any job there, cutting on multiple computer saws, building, setting up, loading trucks, forklifts, maintenance, .etc, and by night I'm a husband and dad of a amazing little critter who's name is Ethan, he is just over a year 2months and he is bananas at times and the best little man at others,an Were lovin every minute of it:), I can't wait to meet more of you great people along this amazing hobby we call Reefing:), it's been a awesome ride So far, can't wait to see were we all end up, thx for reading all you saltys:) happy reefing everyone, be safe and reef on;p

Sean