micro bubbles from HOB skimmer

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Hey everyone, was just wondering if anybody had any idea of how to stop the micro bubbles coming from my skimmer output cup?if tried changing the sponge slowong the pump and skimmer.just started happening a couple days ago and wont stop!! Starting to really annoy me. Thanks!

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
reeferkeeper420 link said:
Yes they do.i can see the bubbles coming from the output cup.
as I'm driving along here it occurs to me if you're getting bubbles inside of your cup your water level must be too high what I mean is if there's enough liquid inside your cup that you're seeing these bubbles where there should be foam you need to lower the water level inside the body

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk HD

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
It is a coralife skimmer, if set right, bubbles are supposed to be pushed out of the output. That is why they have the defuser cup on the model 65. Of coarse the pictures do help, but they are still a little out of focus and hard to make out details. Did you review the manual and be sure that there is a gap around AND below the output tubing? That is where the bubble would escape without going into your tank as they would come out of the output tubing and be blocked by the sponge bouncing them back up the open space around the output tubing to the surface within the cup. If the hose is pressed right against the sponge, the water flow will push the bubbles through the sponge, shredding the bubbles into micro bubbles, then right into your tank.

211wr5.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
If the cup is set up properly...then no bubbles will leave the cup. Be sure there is room around the outlet pipe for the bubbles to escape up instead of out/through the sponge, like the picture/manual shows.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Boga

I would take it out and clean all the tubes and the pump. Then see if the problem still there. Especially try in cleaning the air orifice at the output, where the water level knob is. I had a piece of air tube on mine.