Mini carpet anemone all over my orange crush acans

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

twps

I have this frag of orange crush acans that has been surviving, not growing, just surviving. Recently, I replaced my T5's with an Orphek LED fixture and the acans are starting to show signs of growth/splitting, so of course I'm pretty excited. These are by far one of my most colourful pieces that everyone notices and comments on, and under the LED's they've only grown nicer.

Now my issue... My mini carpet anemone has decided to attach himself to the same rock and is covering them up pretty good. They still look okay, just not as puffy as normal and no signs of loss, yet... I need to get this anemone off somehow but he's stuck good. I've tried bumping a rock next to him in hopes he'll climb off, which he did start, but then moved right back.

Any suggestions? I am considering cutting the rock, but worried I'll damage one or both specimens...

davesolo29

Super Active Member
i was gonna offer advice cause i thought i read "orange crush zoos", but then i realized it was acans you were talking about.
lol..  throw em out.

just kidding.
as poseidon says,, just change your flow.. he will move

T

twps

So after several days, I have had zero luck getting this guy to move of my acans. The coral isn't happy but doesn't appear to be dying off.

I have a small power head (HK1) pointed directly at the anemone blowing him around gently and he's seems to be happy.

I'm open to other suggestions anyone may have...

Victoss

If you can get at his foot easily you could try gently coxing and peeling off the foot, or you can try a small bag of ice near the foot to see if it will let go.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
AdInfinitum link said:
You can use something to create a small patch of temporary shade over that rock and the 'nem should crawl out into the light pretty quickly.

I must have oddball anenomes - actually it's a purple tipped sebae anenome, so not the same critter, it split shortly after i brought it home, I could actually see in the store tank where it was getting ready to split (bonus) the original likes it under a rock and it's offspring is sitting right out in the open, they're both happy.
Can the rock it's on be moved? sometimes when you move the rock they'll detach all on their own, you certainly don't want to damage it's foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.