my 100g fowler/pita

dale

i started off with a free 100g 60x21x21 1/2" glass aquarium that needed an end removed and replaced, it sat in my yard for a year before i deceided to build this tank in nov 2011 and had many problems along the way... i stared off with live rock and live crushed coral and it sat for a month empty, i added a couple fish,.. they were healthy for a while .. then died , did some upgrading.. added a couple fish, they were fine for a few months .. they got sick again after they got back from hyposalinity  .. and died..  , i did some more upgrading to deal with my now obvious nitrate problems and was able to keep a few smaller fish.. but the nitrates were still high and the 4 fish i have were not able to fight off ich from an ill quaranteened fish, so, .. they went through hypo fine and their sal level is now up to .014 and climing... more upgrades.... so i now have the 100g going through 2 cpr hob overflows to the 40g sump with a red devil 850 cone skimmer,, a brand new water blaster 5000 and i just added nitra-cubes and auto top off a week ago.,.  with 2 koralia 1050s and a 48" 4 bulb compact flourescent fixture with 2 50/50s and 2 daylights..., the return comes down the middle and ts off behind the rocks..., the fish are a dogface puffer, a dwarf fuzzy lionfish, an oriental sweetlips.. (for a while) and a snowflake eel that was acually the first fish to be put in the tank and has survived just fine and ive had him for over a year..

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
I hope you have turned the corner now and can keep the fish healthy.  Definitely a PITA losing al those fish.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

dale

no,, the puffer in the pic is one that died in the summer... the one you gave me is alive and doing well... will prob post pics of fish tonite...

dale

the 4 fish are back in their home... yay!...,, hope my inprovements work out,,, im counting on those nitra-cubes,,,.