My 120g SPS Tank - 1.5 Years old

T

The Box of Water

So...... its all started with a 90 gallon cichlid tank....

.....In May of 2009 we went on a family vacation to Las Vegas. When we returned home and opened the front door, we were greeted with a tidal wave of water, pouring onto our feet. My initial thought was "oh S**t the tank!"..... but that would be impossible =.....the tanks in the basement.

After entering the house, we discovered the real problem, the plastic water line for the fridge icemaker had burst! And of course we had neglected to shut off the water main before we left!

I quickly ran to the basement to assess the damage. We had around 6" of water on the floor.....in a finished basement.....and that wast the worst part....the ceiling had completely fallen off.....half of which had landed into the tank.....which in turn had caused the front panel to crack and a further 90 gallons of water to spill out onto the floor.

So I guess to make a long story short....IT WAS TIME TO UPGRADE!!! :)

Here is my Current System Specs:

• Display Tank: 120 Gallon SPS, Drilled Back Left Corner
• Frag/Quarantine: 40 Gallon Drilled - Dedicated Sump w/36W UV 
• 120g Display Lighting: Vertex Illumina SR1200 LED Light Fixture
• Frag/Quarantine Lighting: 400w MH Pendent - Electronic Ballast XM 20k Bulb
• Sump/Refugium: 100 Gallon Acrylic Sump Custom Built- Running Dual 200Micron Socks, 4"DSB and Misc. Macro algea
• 120g Display Circulation: Mag 18 return Pump, 2 x EcoTech VorTech MP40 ES
• Frag/Quarantine Circulation: Mag 12 Return Pump, 2 X Koralia 4 Powerheads
• UV Sterilizer Display: Coralife Turbo Twist 36 watt UV sterilizer - Only Used When Introducing new fish or corals
• Skimmer: Red Sea - Sea-Skim Deluxe 1800 (Royal Exclusiv Bubble King Super Marine 200 On Order...Red Sea to be moved to frag tank)
• Controller: Aqua Controller Apex w/ PH, ORp, & Temp Probes - Controls Everything from ATO to Auto Water changes.

E

estwing2

oh man what a nightmare I can only imagine what you felt while you walked through your house :-X. When ever we go away on a vacation we hold our breathe that there are no surprises when we get home lol.  Look forward to seeing pictures of your tank ;D
Linda

T

The Box of Water

.....Sorry Guys.....been soooooooooooo busy at the store.....my tank has become neglected:(

Will post some pics as soon as i get around to doing a water change and making it look all pretty...lol

T

The Box of Water

I happened to have 2 find 2 seconds to take a few pictures with my phone.....

photo1-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

T

The Box of Water

shayneh link said:
I thought you said it was dirty......LOL!

HAHA  it is filthy lol.....its been close to 2 months since the last water change, and the sand bed is beginning to look like a gravel pit. lol