My 125 Gallon Revamped .. Lots Of Pics Inside

MeridiaRose

I must have done something right, the fish are all out and about swimming around, no matter when I look at the tank. With the old rockscape I really only ever saw the yellow tang and on occasion the trigger.

Not sure why they've decided to be out and swimming around more now but I like it :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MeridiaRose

Thought I'd share a couple more pictures
8fa14291f516dd0026f7abcde417991f.jpg
7e64c92a822565e0e309b44c0271ea99.jpg
06f51174fef40bfb582f5141290f0ef7.jpg

MeridiaRose

I liked the brisket on your instagram !
Haha thank you :) it was delicious!!

My father in law recently got a smoker and has been smoking everything. I volunteered my fiance and I to be the guinea pigs for the brisket.

I think he said it took over 11 hours to make .. We got there during the last hour of smoking and sitting out on the deck watching it, my mouth watered the entire time.

KingTang

Love the update! Nice to see the Tang is still around. I got him at least 6 years ago. He's a tough cookie. Love the new additions and the coral. Keep up the good work!

MeridiaRose

Love the update! Nice to see the Tang is still around. I got him at least 6 years ago. He's a tough cookie. Love the new additions and the coral. Keep up the good work!
Thanks so much!! He's a real trooper that's for sure. It's funny he was rather aggressive to the trigger when I first introduced him, but now they are best friends, always swimming together.

MeridiaRose

Looking good but I suggest you try to rid the tank of the aptasia I see on your rock now or it will get worse and sting all the coral you introduce.... they are nasty! Love the trigger.
Thanks, yes it's an ongoing battle .. One I appear to be losing.

I'm hesitant to add peppermint shrimp as I don't want them to become trigger snack. I've thought about an aptasia eating file fish but have read they are potential coral nippers.

Anyone with any experience with the aptasia eating file fish? They are very neat creatures.

Steve Peters

Peppermint shrimp are hit and miss and never worked for me. I have found that using Aptaisa X and the like only caused them to mass produce. I am now introducing Bergria Nudibranches hoping for success. File fish work but eventually nip at corals as well. Mine thought zoas were cookies!