my 150 dosing thread of brightwell

C

crazybizzle

So since the switch over from the 65 to the 150 that busted to a new 150 plus adding new rock the last month or two since the switch i went thru a new mini cycle was overfeeding due to stress so i had a problem with gha just on my back glass. Ran gfo and carbon for 2 weeks which killed most of it al off.

Took gfo an carbon out started running neo zeo mb7.
On week 2 of zeo stones and mb7 waiting till week 4 to run bio fuel so mb7 populates more.

Week 1 noticed clearer water
Week2  clear water increase in polyop extension minor change in colours and left over algae in tank has turned to a white scum that breaks off on its own. Have not had to clean glass at all for 2 weeks.
Week 3 is on friday will post pics as soon as i can get a good shot wirh my shit camera.

C

crazybizzle

On week 5 of dosing have not had to clean glass anywhete for 4 weeks i swapped my zeo stones over to a canister filter  on week 4 and have been running carbon and gfo in reactor overall super happy right now only problem is this clear slime coat which i think is a bacteria coating but not sure. And because of it im changing my filter socks everyday.

C

crazybizzle

pulpfiction1 link said:
where is this slime accumilating?
i think pretty much in the water colomn?? Cant see it but its there i cab feel it on the glass and when i change my filter sock cause im changing them everyday and there not dirty at all but this coating is stopping the water from passing thru so im guessing its in the water seemed to start when i started my mb7

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
id  up the water changes a bit and keep the sock on all the time,there sounds like a source of something isn't agreeing with the environment,can you post all the parameters? IE:alk,mag,stron,cal,ph.........  might find a clue in there.sometimes with a high ammonia level a bacteria population can grow to quickly causing a clear film,maybe things are happening to quick,hard to say for sure on this end

C

crazybizzle

so its been about.3 months since i started this regiment.  heres a update in case anyones thinking of this my problem with white slime and coating was a overpopulation of bacteria so i cut down on my bio fuel dosing which has eliminated this.

after week 4 awile ago i was battling red slime all over the sand and rocks  mainly in the sand from reading around most ppl that start this have it happen also. so its taken to now to beat the red slime which was minor but still a pain in the ass but at least i have it beat now.

only have to scrape the front and back glass once a month and my water is retarded clear.
sps has grown fast during this time at least double compared to before.
i love this system and am super happy with results.

my dosing is now at low dose of 3 ml of bio fuel and mb7 everyother day switch out of neo zeo
eevery, 6 months 3 ml of potassium

C

crazybizzle

oh ya and 5 ml of reef snow every 3 days to make up for extra coral food becaus i dont have my amino acids yet but im sure the neo zeo feed the corals also.also coral colour has improved big time now

C

crazybizzle

ya new pics will be up mon tues supposed to get my 3 new 14k mh monday so hopefully i can get some good shots