My 75 Gal Coral Tank

heath

Distinguished Member
Well after much sweating, planning and re-planning my glass box is finally starting to look like a fish tank. Tonite the corner overflow was siliconed in, all the bulkheads are in and the egg crate was cut and fitted in as well.
Tomorrow I tackle the plumbing. I can't take pictures tonite, there are too many shadows in my living room so I will take them in the morning and post later, after its finished or if it ends up being just a pile of glass chips sitting on the floor..wish me luck...

heath

Distinguished Member
exciting and scary.. I did have a great teacher (sewerat) when my 125 was done, so I am hoping that I do him proud..

heath

Distinguished Member
HPIM0979.JPG
HPIM0980.JPG
HPIM0981.JPG
HPIM0985.JPG
HPIM0984.JPG
HPIM0983.JPG
Its almost done.. just have to glue the full siphon, the trickle and the emergency.. I have a new found respect for plumbers..

heath

Distinguished Member
thank's Sam, I will NEVER try this again... FINISHED.. all glued, will let it sit over night and add the sand and water tomorrow, if this one leaks there will be a BIG pile of glass on the floor,,lol..

Attachments

• HPIM0986.JPG
    HPIM0986.JPG
    407.7 KB · Views: 64
  • HPIM0987.JPG
    HPIM0987.JPG
    410 KB · Views: 63

heath

Distinguished Member
thanks Eric, yes it was my first time and its also my last time....I am going to be doing a seahorse tank in the fall and anyone out there want to do the plumbing ;):D

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Looks great. Only thing I'd do is extend the drains down about an inch under where your water level will be. Those ones I wouldn't glue in so you can remove sump if need be ever.

heath

Distinguished Member
thank you, you taught me well..I did glue them, oops..I was short 2 elbows and of course there were none in Woodstock so I had to improvise, when I get the elbows I will extend the drains down, but thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement..hey Craig, doing a seahorse tank in the fall, did you want to plumb it..I'm not sure if my body will have recovered by then..lol.

heath

Distinguished Member
no doubt, I feel like I am following in your foot steps Steve, fowlr, coral tank and a seahorse tank..and that's it for me....

heath

Distinguished Member
Looks great. Only thing I'd do is extend the drains down about an inch under where your water level will be. Those ones I wouldn't glue in so you can remove sump if need be ever.
if I ever have to move the sump, I still have my persuader, my hammer...

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
I put eggcrate on the bottom of my tank and regretted it, was a pain trying to get most of it out. Are you using it to keep the rocks from shifting? The next time I aquascape I'm going to put a criss cross of silicone beads on the glass.

heath

Distinguished Member
I put eggcrate on the bottom of my tank and regretted it, was a pain trying to get most of it out. Are you using it to keep the rocks from shifting? The next time I aquascape I'm going to put a criss cross of silicone beads on the glass.
I hear what your saying about the egg crate, its only there for the rock to distribute the weight...
Wow, look at you go there Heather. Bet your landlord is like WTF is up with the hydro on your floor lol.
My landlord loves me, I pay my own hydro but he pays for water, shhhhh