My 75 gallon build (Redneck 2.1)

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Re: My 75 gallon build

update:
started on my first sump tank last week,filled it t test and after 2 days it split a seam so the search was on again,got a 34 gallon hagen,as it turns out all hagen tanks are drillable so i prepared to drill,just need to cut baffles,gonna use the 40 gallon leaker,complete with a line returning to the sump for reactors

http://faq.hagencrm.com/details.asp?kbfaqid=21876&en

yveterinarian

Super Active Member

Sorry to hear about the leak in the first tank, hopefully, this tank won't leak after you get it done.
By the way, love your "catfish".  It looks so much like mine when he was young.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger

Yes,the leak put me behind,the whole thing has been a pain,first the cube,then the sump,now my glass cutter crapped out,got one baffle done but will get another cutter today,hope to have watrr in by the weekend,and those pesky catfish,always into something. LoL

Sent from my HTC Incredible S

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
weekend update:
finally finished my sump,leak tested and have all the holes drilled and fitted,got the tank moved into place and in the process plumbing it,should have water in it by tonight,got my sump lights on top to see,and of course a shot of the predatory catfish with what might be a kill.You dont want one of these,will eat all your fish and knock over all your corals and rock-work

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
dale link said:
nice setup, looks like its going to work well.,, is that a dsb in your overflows?.,., and does it work??

thanks dale,yes to the DSB,6" deep.i ran DSB in my DT for a couple of years on my cube.other than appearance after time i think it was quite effective,between the overflows and pellets i think ill be in good shape on this new setup

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
I have the first generation reactor ,kind of cheaply made in my opinion  water inlet broke off and glueing pvc to cast acrylic was not easy,the aftermarket screens did not fit like they should  so I made my own ,as long as pressure is steady and screens kept clean I have no issues with it 

R

reeffreak

Looks great pulp ... Gets me excited to see mine ready for corals. Good job man !!

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Re: Re: My 75 gallon build (Redneck 2.1)

reeffreak link said:
Looks great pulp ... Gets me excited to see mine ready for corals. Good job man !!

Thx ,still need to invest in a camera some day,lots of faith here man,yours is gonna look awsome

R

reeffreak

I hear ya on investing in a decent camera .... too bad I would rather spend the money on more  corals  ;D