My 75 Gallon Softie Heavy Tank

Nicole New Lowell

I don't often post photos of my whole tank because of the reflections but I have included a couple. Mostly I would like to share some closeups of my fish and corals. All photos are taken with an iPhone 4 so if you are looking on a phone or tablet they probably look pretty good lol, on a computer not so much. I mostly keep softies as you will see, I have 20 different mushrooms. Some corals I have I couldn't photograph because of the reflections, you should see the awkward poses I had to get in just to block the reflections for these shots! Tank has been running 3 years 3 months.
Pic 1: My starry blenny in the colours/pattern he normally displays, sitting on my recently bleached out green monti. I have had the blenny since Valentines Day this year.
Pic 2: Starry Blenny again.
Pic 3: My pair of skunk cleaner shrimp.
Pic 4: Some of my more established mushrooms.
Pic 5: Neon green cabbage coral
Pic 6: Sun coral open for feeding. Probably my favourite coral even though it's a huge pain in the butt.
Pic 7: Some newer mushrooms that I really love.
Pic 8: This is Ruby my maroon clown. I got her from a friend when I first started my tank, so she has been with me over 3 years.
Pic 9:Turban frag
Pic 10: Closer view of one of my shroom colonies.
IMG_4511 (2).JPG

IMG_4584 (2).JPG
IMG_4585 (2).JPG
IMG_4586 (2).JPG
IMG_4587 (2).JPG
IMG_4588 (2).JPG
IMG_4589 (2).JPG
IMG_4590 (2).JPG
IMG_4595 (2).JPG
IMG_4596 (2).JPG

Nicole New Lowell

Pic #1: Took me years to get a clear photo of one of my azure damsels, they never sit still! I have a male and female in this tank which lay eggs regularly.
Pic #2: Kryptonite candy cane, my favourite til I got the sun coral lol.
Pic #3: Blue kenya tree I believe.
Pic #4: Green hammer coral and pulsing xenia
Pic #5: Starry Blenny playing peek-a-boo in the red discoma colony.
Pic #6: A colour/pattern my starry displays occasionally.
Pic #7, 8 and 9: Broad view of my tank
Pic #10: My newest addition, pink spotted watchman goby. I acquired him from a friend downsizing her tank. He's the biggest fish I have.
IMG_4600 (2).JPG
IMG_4601 (2).JPG
IMG_4606 (2).JPG
IMG_4608 (2).JPG
IMG_4611 (2).JPG
IMG_4663 (2).JPG
IMG_4690 (2).JPG
IMG_4694 (2).JPG
IMG_4695.JPG
IMG_4696 (2).JPG

Nicole New Lowell

I have it on my list of initial inhabitants for the 220 ;)

I think that's enough room for my brachiosaurus Blennies and a starry to get along.. I hope
This fish was on my list for a long time. I had lawnmowers in the past bc they were way more readily available and cheap, but alas they did not survive. I recently read that lawnmowers are one of those fish that don't often do well in captivity. I emailed the guys at WWM regarding the long term survivability of the starry and they assured me they were far hardier provided you get a healthy specimen to begin with. I was lucky enough to find one that had been at the fish store for 2 months already and looked great so I chose him over the freshly imported ones at Big Als. So far so good, he's doing great and has a ravenous appetite.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
My Lawnmower Blenny is an absolute pig. I have to limit the amount of Nori I put in the tank or he would explode. Well he always looks like he swallowed a pea hours after the Nori is put in the tank. The Strawberry Conch is the second

Nicole New Lowell

My Lawnmower Blenny is an absolute pig. I have to limit the amount of Nori I put in the tank or he would explode. Well he always looks like he swallowed a pea hours after the Nori is put in the tank. The Strawberry Conch is the second
My first lawnmower would do this, eat and eat til he looked like he would explode. He ate everything that was offered. I actually had him for quite a while, but suddenly he wouldn't eat as much and his belly became very puckered. I tried everything. The wierd thing is at the same time he would 'graze' on my arm, i think he thought my arm hair was algae, he seemed like he was starving despite having several options for food. He also began sitting in the palm of my hand shortly before he died. The manager at my lfs said his best guess is that when they eat so much they sometimes do damage to their internal organs. I suppose this could make sense but it was just a theory.

Nicole New Lowell

IMG_0059.JPG
IMG_0129.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0023.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG
A few new pics. I got a new phone with a better camera :). Also picked up a coral beauty the other day, which will be the final addition to this tank til I upgrade. This is the fish my hubby has been bugging me to get forever!

Nicole New Lowell

Things in my tank change so often! I've rearranged some of my aquascape again due to some xenia getting way to much flow.
I also recently got this beautiful humongous new feather duster, and a massive hairy mushroom that I think is really unique. And a shot of Ruby the Maroon clown and another of my blenny :)
IMG_0177.JPG
IMG_0289.JPG
IMG_0305.JPG
IMG_0306.JPG
IMG_0294.JPG
IMG_0298.JPG