My 75 gallon tank

• Thread starter patrickborowski
  • Start date
P

patrickborowski

Here is my 75 gallon tank. Love the thing. One downside to my tank though... I am running out of room hahaha. 35 different corals  ;D all all of them are doing amazing. I had a 30 gallon since July 2009, but upgraded it to a 75 gallon in February 2010. And hopefully upgrading again some time soon. Just waiting for a good deal with a bigger tank.

JordanHurst

Nice, love the softies, always grow like weeds after you get it going.
Really nice, if your doing any frags post it or shoot me a message, always looking for a new type to trade!!!

Keep it Stocked up!!!

Cheers

P

patrickborowski

Well I have several kenya trees for trade, and as you can see, its all healthy (haha) and about the devils hand, I got that from pet paradise in London. That place has good deals from time to time.

S

shayneh

When I saw 2 tangs that are meant for much larger tanks than a 75g in the pics, I was almost afraid to read the posts. LOL I must be used to the Tang police from other forums!

S

Salty1

Very nice, some great colour on your live rock. Any details on parameters, lighting, feeding schedule etc?

P

patrickborowski

Dont worry about the tangs, I will upgrade in the next couple years, just waiting for a good deal to come around. For lighting I used six 54 watt T5's. Parameter wise, Everything is excellent except for my nitrates which are very high since day 1 but everything has been doing amazing and growing way too fast. I feed the fish whenever I really feel like it, sometimes twice a day or a pinch of spectrum pellets here and there. Plus Ive done a few extra things to it, I will update pictures end of the month

F

fishit

nice tank great colour but i would suggest get rid of those star polyps they spread like wield fire and kill any corals in contact then you will have to boil your rock to kill them i already made that mistake

E

estwing2

very impressive tank, I like the set-up :) Only thing when they look that good you are addicted to upgrading into a larger tank lol

P

patrickborowski

The star polyps are looking good, havent really spread too much or too fast, but.... the Anthelia/xenia have. If anyone wants any let me know, I would be more than happy to sell or trade some  ;D

I so can't wait until I upgrade.  :eek:

S

shayneh

There is a sweet 120g starfire eurobraced/drilled for closed loop tank on AP.ca for something like $500.00

P

patrickborowski

Well, I am looking for a complete setup. If I want a tank that size I would buy a 125 at big alls for $200 on boxing day. But still hoping for something over 150 gallons

P

patrickborowski

Yeah I know its a good deal, and the tank is just amazing, but like I said, I am just looking for something bigger

S

shayneh

I keep jumping back and forth on wether to go with the bigger tank but I'm already afraid of the jump in hydro rates that is looming on the horizon..... I love my hobby but a 40-50% increase is scary....

P

patrickborowski

Oh i know.... tell me about it, but the only thing I would really need to increase is just put an extra light.... which is still a bit extra