my dart frog viv.construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crazybizzle

set up my vivarium for my cobalt dart frogs using my old 65 gal. i need a 48"x12" screen top still if anyone has one let me know i made a quick one for now enjoy.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Sweet. I love Dart frogs.  Thats quite the enclosure for one Dart Frog. Do you have plans to add more?  Also do you do your own fruit fly culture or do you buy iy somwhere?

C

crazybizzle

theres actually 4 in the tank they were just hiding.im doing my own cultures but if need be i can buy locally.there unsexed right now cuz there young but im expecting babues ina couple of months hopefully

C

crazybizzle

in supplies for construction about 100 bucks i coulda saved money if i knew what i was doing but it took 4 cans of great stuff 7 tubes of silicone 2 sheets egg crate

as for accesories 10 a bag for each..coca husks.forest floor. moss and 30 for a giant bag of leca  and about 20 in drift wood. give or take 20-30 in extra crap

froggies arent cheap at all they start at 65 and go up to 300 each. mine  were 65 each . i dont have links on me but good place for info is dendroboard.com if u want i have alot of stuff leftover if u ever want to do one. and its sort of the same as fish 1 frog for every 5-10 gallons...theres also a place in lasalle  the vivarium that sells them but he charges way to much for livestock

P

phi delt reefer

put some nice orchids in there...

great build bizzle - keep us updated. What did you end up doing for misters?

C

crazybizzle

thanks vince. im picking up sort orchids this week not cheap thou. as for misters i ordered a mistking starter setup for 100 bucks  should do the trick all plug and play with pump and timers

blaked

I had a completely full planted Vivarium with false bottom
and a "pond with stream" water feature.  Humidity provided by
An ultrasonic fogger every morning.
Containing a large breeding colony of guppies and wild crayfish,
some toad tadpoles from a dried up ditch and eventually
a peppermint dendrobe.(who escaped)

Thinking bout setting up a double door exo-terra Vivarium in the near future.
* all plants where tropical low light. Too many to list mostly bromeliads .

Status
Not open for further replies.