My Starter tank

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Here is my first tank. As mentioned in another post, I bought all the supplies on kijiji for $100. Not a bad start, but wanted to test things out before I dive in. It is 20g, running a Prizm Pro Deluxe protein skimmer with a surface skimmer and refillable media basket for biological and chemical media. I have a happy little clown fish in there and that is it at this point. I am going to try to meet up with ricklalonde this week to pick up my first coral frag with hopefully many more to come when I complete my 60g project.

Below this tank is a 30g FW tank and below that is my bunny cage.

PS. Love the site so far. There is not a huge known community in the chatham-kent area, so it is nice to connect.

sltbh4.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
They are the lights that the previous owner sent with the tank. They are Power-Glo 45 cm (18"); 15 W; 7500 hours. He gave me a Sun-Glo and a Marine-Glo bulb. The Marine-Glo (which is blue) is running in it at the moment. The Marine-Glo is supposed to be great for corals, but I guess I will see after I get some in there.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The tank is 24widex12highx14deep. I will be getting some new lights in about 1 week, well new to me lights. Not sure what they are though. The person I am getting them off of has them in storage and I am working through her husband. She had corals in her old tank, but gave up the hobby and sold her stock when she was pregnant. Suggests are always appreciated.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
m8pres.gif
That is more then I could ask for there ricklalonde. Thanks 100x over
m8pres.gif

or is this just bribery for me to keep buying your frags? If it is, it is OK, bribery is good by me
16kpon.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Update with corals from ricklalonde and feather duster worm from LFS 8)

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

245yfmd.jpg

Latest addition. I could not help myself on a unplanned trip to a LFS.

Everything seems to be doing fine now that I moved my mushroom.

2igyb6s.jpg